At a Glance
Us: Fast-growing startup of 100+ people. We are a remote-first team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019) and Series A funding of 32$m in 2023. Our mission is to revolutionise how the world learns about people, so people can revolutionise the world.🚀
Prolific is looking for a US based Support Lead to help us deliver an 11 star customer experience within our fastest growing market, the US. You’ll be our first US based Support hire, working with a new, cross-functional US team, and alongside our already established UK Support team. This is a huge opportunity to help shape our US Support function and make an impact on a key company objective within a well funded scaleup, driving growth in our fastest growing market. The hours for this role will be 8am - 5pm US time.
What you'll be doing
- As our first US Support hire, you'll take the lead on identifying areas of improvement within our process and work closely with the Research Support Manager to enable continuous service improvement.
- Ensure exceptional service for diverse US-based customers in AI, corporate, and academia.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email, mainly US, resolving their issues promptly.
- Develop and maintain knowledge in AI and academic research to align with customer needs and promote Prolific’s solutions.
- Get to know our Support processes inside out, both to help you in assisting customers, but also to drive both improvements across these, as well as optimisation.
- Act as a point of escalation for issues, and manage and resolve these effectively, ensuring an internal feedback loop to prevent escalations arising in the first place.
- Assist with carrying out QA assessments for the team, and work with Research Support Manager to coach and give feedback.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of working in a high scaling startup customer support function.
- Best practices in delivering support through Zendesk or similar platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to lead (directly or indirectly) and inspire teams to achieve common goals.
- Empathetic and supportive approach, with the ability to adapt your approach depending on the situation or customer.
- Experience of proactively driving process improvements in a support function.
- An adaptable attitude, where you thrive with ambiguity and autonomy.
Even better if you have
- Experience and knowledge of AI markets or academia.
- Experience of delivering support to strategic/enterprise customers.
- You're analytical and can confidently create a narrative with data.
- Experience in coaching and training team members.
- Experience of scaling a Support team.
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work-Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from home or our co-working space in New York City. We also offer a substantial vacation package in addition to federal holidays, which you can switch to any day of your choosing.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employees well-being, that’s why we offer Healthcare/Medical Insurance including Vision and Dental, 401(k) plan and a taxable monthly stipend of $150 in order for you to improve your wellness and remote experience. We want you to have a happy and healthy environment, so we offer a $1000 home office budget, along with an Apple laptop when you start, plus a $200 yearly top up.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is important to us, and we want to give all our employees the opportunity to learn. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available at Prolific, as well as mentoring. We also offer a $1000 early budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote first company, we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative virtual company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person). Alongside this, we offer a yearly budget for discretionary team meet-ups so you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees 🌳 and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel too.
Our Interview Process
Talent Call - You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Hiring Manager Interview - You'll interview with two members of the team, one of which will be the hiring manager. You'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
Panel Interview - We'll hold a panel interview that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll meet with more of our team and may be asked to complete a presentation or task. You'll be compensated with a $50 voucher 💰 for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
Final Interview - We will deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills all aligned to our Prolific Principles. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, marital status or disability. We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific use of your personal information.