Who we are
The metaverse is not a single app. It's a network of millions of virtual worlds people visit to play games, socialize and collaborate. Today, most of those worlds are closed and disconnected walled gardens. Ready Player Me is a cross-game avatar platform for the builders, creators and residents of the metaverse. We're on a mission to break down the virtual walls to build a more open and connected metaverse.
For developers, we offer a plug-and-play avatar system they can integrate into their games and virtual worlds in days. For metaverse residents, we're a portable virtual identity they can use across thousands of virtual worlds.
We started 2021 with 24 companies using our avatar system, by now it's more than 5000. We've created avatars for more than 5 million people since launching Ready Player Me.
Present and future
We are backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Plural, David Baszucki, co-founder of Roblox, Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, Sebastian Knutsson & Riccardo Zacconi, King Games co-founders, Konvoy Ventures, Endeavor and Samsung Next among many others.
Our team has built avatar systems for companies like Tencent, Huawei, HTC, and Verizon since 2014. We are working with well-known brands like Warner Bros, Dior, New Balance, and RTFKT. We’re adding partner brands all the time!
By joining us, you’ll become a part of the most experienced avatar team in the world. We’ve built industry-leading avatar systems since 2014 and we’re only getting started. Come join us on our journey and play a key role in building an open and interoperable Metaverse!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team! You will create and execute testing plans, help with release management, identify and report bugs, advise and work directly with both Platform and SDK & Integration Team to ensure Unity SDK, Unreal Engine SDK, and mobile native integrations of Ready Player Me to meet software quality standards.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Increasing Software Quality and Reliability by creating and managing the pipeline for creating tests and making sure software quality is created and used. You will make sure that bugs and issues streaming from different sources are processed and reported to the team.
- Setting the standards for code quality and guides for best practices and making sure they are implemented. You will be assisting the team with technical expertise and mentorship.
- Improving efficiency and productivity via automating tests and implementing tools and processes.
- Monitoring and optimizing QA processes.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a QA generalist working in the game engine and mobile testing.
- Experience with automation tools and processes.
- Experience programming with C# and C++.
- Experience in implementing new testing strategies and taking ownership of the product´s overall quality.
- Product-mindedness and a sense of design, what feels and looks good, and are excited about building delightful user experiences.
As a bonus, it would be awesome if you:
- Worked in a Startup or Scaleup before.
- Love to play games.
Why you’ll love it here:
🌏 Work as a remote-first team anywhere in the world or in our Tallinn or Berlin hubs. We currently already have people in 16 countries.
📚 Personal development - exciting challenges mean a big impact. To reach the next level, we offer a personal learning budget.
💤 Unlimited days off - we work hard, but it’s important for us to make sure people take time out to recharge.
🏖️ Holiday budget - we need your energy, so make the most of it!
✈️ Biannual company retreats and team gatherings in our hubs; our Summer Days are legendary.
🕟 Flexible working hours - Results are more important than hours on the clock: we trust you to maintain your work-life balance.
📈 Competitive salary with equity options
What’s life like at Ready Player Me?
At Ready Player Me, expect to make an impact and be a part of an ambitious, passionate, collaborative and caring team. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and build a world, both here and in the Metaverse, that we can be proud of. Our eNPS is 82! Our focus is on working together to build outstanding experiences for our users, at the forefront of change and innovation, as the Metaverse expands. We are a trusted partner, and we continuously strive to learn together. We always seek to be smarter tomorrow than we are today. Also check out our values.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Write us email@example.com