The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) will be responsible for hunting for and closing new business opportunities, ultimately increasing the adoption of our technology. The TSS will engage with customers from different fields of research on their specific applications and use cases. They will act in a consultative sales environment and honestly and thoughtfully present our unique technology to a new audience. A problem solver who can identify the key advantages of our technology to an individual customer and counter any objections with expert knowledge of the applications
They will be accountable for delivering orders and revenue in line with agreed targets, and for building and maintaining customer relationships within a defined territory to generate recurring business in the future. The TSS will work as part of a regional sales team and will engage with customers throughout the sales cycle based on expert knowledge of both the applications and the technology. This role reports to the Regional Sales Manager for assigned territory.
Areas of Responsibility
- Selling/promoting Refeyn’s products/solutions across customer groups in Academia and Industry
- Meet or exceed the sales target assigned by the Regional Sales Manager
- Create and drive new business opportunities through the sales funnel with lead nurturing and accurate opportunity forecasting on Salesforce
- Identify new prospects and establish business relationships with new potential customers
- Manage and build strong customer relationships for long term partnership
- Build up strong networks within relevant academic and industrial circles
- Assess and analyse customer needs, respond to customer enquiries, and suggest products and services as appropriate.
- Understand customer applications, workflows, and pain points/bottlenecks and determine if/where our technology fits.
- Identify key decision makers and understand their purchasing process.
- Actively drive newly launched innovative products and services into the marketplace and proactively follow up on the successful implementation of the technology
- Routine follow-up with existing customer base to touch base on activities and review needs. (e.g. upgrades, consumable needs etc.)
- Lead price and contract negotiations with prospective customers.
- Work closely with other departments (Marketing, Product Management, Applications, Service) in order to provide customers with full technical information and support
- Utilise all available sales tools to maximise sales efficiency (Salesforce, LinkedIn etc.)
- Support the Regional Sales Manager with the development and implementation of territory plans
- Drive sales and promotional activities such as conferences and customer workshops, and generate leads and prospects for Refeyn’s products
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and maintain accurate opportunity information in our CRM
- From time to time, this individual may be expected to perform basic customer demonstrations
- Travel within assigned territory to visit customers, attend conferences/workshops (50%)
Job Related Skills and Experience
- Experience selling scientific capital equipment/analytical instruments to the R&D environment essential.
- Gone through a minimum of three planning cycles for their market or customer groups
- Knows the ropes of creating and executing on tactical sales plans
- Has owned and consistently achieved/exceeded targets
- Demonstrable experience of hunting and creating new business
- Has successfully pitched at key stakeholder level
- Has successfully led successful negotiations with key accounts
- An established network of customers for their market or customer groups preferrable
- Bi-lingual skills essential (including English), with proficiency in additional languages desirable dependant on assigned territory
- A natural and confident communicator with experience of communicating to different audiences and cross-functional teams (e.g. key customers, Sales Operations, R&D, Product Management, Applications, Service & Support)
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Experience of working remotely and autonomously essential
- Hands-on experience with a variety of bioanalytical techniques