Refeyn's unique technology is delivering a disruptive new generation of analytical instruments using mass photometry to weigh and analyse individual molecules with light. Spun out of two world-class research groups in Oxford University in 2018, Refeyn have delivered Mass Photometers to over 100 global customers. With headquarters in Oxford, UK as well as offices in Boston and Portland, Refeyn continues to scale to meet demand.
Refeyn’s ambition is that it’s mass photometry instruments will be used by scientists and researchers across leading academic institutions and bio-pharma to transform the ability to characterise the composition, structure and dynamics of biomolecules in their native environment.
We are an organisation built with a people first culture. Our values are rooted throughout the company.
The Electronics Engineer is responsible for the design of electronics for new products in Refeyn, including validation of the hardware and handover to the production team.
They own the process of obtaining compliance for new products, provides support to internal product teams on how to design for compliance.
- Works within the Electronics Team to perform hardware development for new products:
- Writing design specifications
- Schematic Capture
- SPICE Simulation
- PCB Layout
- Embedded Programming
- Validation of designs
- Selection of components and liaising with component suppliers
- Working with outsourcing partners and manufacturers to deliver finished parts
- Responsible for compliance of new products
- Managing relationships with external compliance partners
- Provide support on how to design for compliance
- Master’s degree in electronic engineering
- >4 years' relevant experience
- Experience using electronics CAD software such as Altium
- Experience developing scientific instrumentation, or other high-value electronic products
- Schematic capture of both digital and analogue electronics
- PCB layout of multilayer designs
- Experience designing products to comply with international EMC standards
- SPICE Simulation
- Knowledge of International laser safety standards, including EN 60825-1
- Experience designing products to comply with the European Low Voltage Directive
- Experience with low-level digital interfaces (JTAG, USB, I2C, SPI etc.)
- Knowledge of embedded programming languages
- Experience in the design and layout of piezo drivers
- Experience designing analogue circuitry for sensors.
- Experience of PCB Layout of high-speed interfaces such as USB 3.0
- Experience developing on Linux
- Experience working with Arm-based devices
- Knowledge of image processing algorithms
Competitive salary proportionate to experience, Company contribution to 401(k), 25 days' PTO, plus selected holidays (New Years' Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day), Comprehensive employee insurances including private medical, life assurance, critical illness and income protection
Refeyn is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We are working hard to create a safe and empowering environment for all, and firmly believe that there is great strength in building teams with different voices, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We welcome applicants from all sections of society to join us on our mission to transform analytical workflows using the power of light.