RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organization, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organization who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome. We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
What makes RightShip a great place to work at:
RightShip is an equal opportunity employer, and we champion diversity. Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization.
Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At RightShip we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. We want to add team members who not only value RightShip standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to our work environment. If you are excited about this role, or about our company in general, we would love to hear from you!
As an ESG focused digital maritime platform, RightShip progresses on its vision towards a maritime industry of zero harm, by leveraging on data and insights to provide transparency around safety and sustainability in the industry. Expanding its market share with the Charterer customer type would allow RightShip to progress its vision via a comprehensive range of product offerings and solutions.
Reporting in directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for winning business from prospective customers in the Chartering domain. The individual will implement new business initiatives within large Charterer accounts and identify new sales and customer growth opportunities across the 3 sales regions for global impact. The incumbent would be responsible for raising RightShip’s profile as a maritime tech partner, lifting sales performance and contributing to the wider business success across the world.
Note: This role has global coverage and could be based out of Singapore / Dubai / London, or remotely.
- Identify priority growth areas and drive the implementation of business development plans to grow the RightShip value proposition for Charterers, which range from hard commodity movers to agribulk traders and wet charterers.
- Set short and medium-term business objectives with the Chief Commercial Officer and be responsible for the implementation and attainment of the agreed plan.
- Build out commercial business cases to support growth initiatives including end to end strategies which will drive sales, promotional activity, financial analysis & reporting.
- Use appropriate systems and tools to deliver all required reports to support decision making. Leverage actively via data and analytics in CRM tools to identify growth opportunities.
- Hunt and acquire new commercial opportunities in the Charterer landscape while establishing the customer requirements across RightShip’s solutions. Establishing a stronger reach in the Charterer customer type, to provide an increased level of safety, and sustainability standards in the industry.
- Research on organisations and individuals to identify new growth opportunities, targeting especially the Charterers space. Customer identification and acquisition activities globally including the development of customer segments in line with business plan and determining / evaluating new markets and entry options.
- Driving customer satisfaction by ensuring appropriate handovers of customers between departments like sales, client management, issue escalation and resolution
- Interact with prospective consumers to relay the product’s value and benefits while gathering direct feedback.
- Communicate RightShip’s business strategy and value proposition to customers and other key stakeholders, e.g. industry associations and institutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain a customer acquisition strategy alongside Heads of Commercial and the Regional sales teams.
- Manage the transition of a customer from solution proposition to operational execution by liaising with and maintaining strong relations with the Heads of Operations.
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure a competitive and compelling service and product offering.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other relevant disciplines
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience in generating new business and achieving revenue growth, especially within the Chartering domain
- Subject matter expertise and strong network of Charterer prospects would be crucial, via working experiences in dry commodity traders, or energy companies.
- Prior exposure in the maritime industry and/or software sales highly advantageous
- Ability to forge new relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- Experience in creating brand awareness and identifying branding activities
- Strong business acumen with a penchant for data and insights to support innovation
- Ability to conduct negotiations, influence and interact across all levels in the organisation
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, interpersonal and team skills. Proficiency in multiple languages would be advantageous
- A personal commitment to improve safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.