We use state-of-art AI plus intuitive UI to eliminate useless paperwork and make the whole world go faster.
The following is how we believe this particular Python job is unique.
- Being able to implement solutions end-to-end. Working on the whole project (not only on sub-module)
- Involved in both design and development (not just another brick in the wall)
- Working in a team (at any given time either you learn from someone, or someone learns from you)
- While working on a diverse range of projects, solving different problems of various customers, you are still extending/integrating a single product, in which you are the expert
OUR TECH STACK
Rossum is a Python company (not uncommon for an AI startup). We use Python to train our AI models, actual data processing, and all back-end APIs. However, in Global Services we have many smaller codebases, so we are in the best position to experiment with different technologies. Still, these are our common choices:
- Most of our services are written in Flask.
- We use PostgreSQL as our database of choice.
- All our services are deployed in Kubernetes clusters, currently in AWS. (But we avoid relying on the AWS ecosystem too much.)
- Our deployments and releases are 98% based on GitOps, with infrastructure defined as code and managed by GitLab-based CI+CD pipelines.
We are all geeks and hackers who like to engineer beautiful systems, all the way to Rossum’s CEO. You will fit right in if:
- You can develop REST services end-to-end
- You have experience with some of the following tools: Docker, CIs, kubectl, linters, testing frameworks, etc.,
- You are happy to help less experienced people and to learn from more experienced ones.
- You are honest and bullshit-free. You base your opinions on data, but don’t cling to it in the face of good arguments.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup in Prague.
- We’ll do the best we can to make sure you can grow and that you always have the opportunity to find new challenges.
- An environment where nothing is dogma and the best idea wins.
- We designed a fair Employee Stock Option Plan.
- An enjoyable working environment in a very diverse team (21+ nationalities)
- A laptop of your choice & necessary tech is a given.
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, and home office setup.
- English language lessons on all levels.
- Multisport card to get your workout at any of 2 700 places in Czechia.
- Beautiful office with 200 m2 terrace and a view of the Prague castle in the heart of Karlin.
Rossum (the name comes from Czech writer Karel Čapek’s play “Rossum’s Universal Robots”) is capable of extracting data (from documents) six times faster than the human rate. Last year alone it managed to save companies across a number of sectors over one billion keystrokes, the equivalent of 150 years of human labor. Today, the company automates document communication for customers on five continents and a client roster that includes Siemens, Bosch, Cushman & Wakefield, Veolia, and, here in the Czech Republic, Alza, Kofola, and Mattoni.
After tripling our revenue in 2020 and securing Eastern Europe’s largest-ever Series A funding of $100M in 2021 , we plan to further expand our market share and invest heavily across our Go-to-market teams & our research and development backbone.
Our product is number #1 in its category.
Rossum is an equal opportunity employer. At Rossum we believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we aim for. Therefore we maintain a culture of belonging and treat people with respect and provide equal opportunities for hiring, employment, promotion, termination, compensation etc. Rossum does not discriminate against any job applicant or employee or protected veteran because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, age or genetic information.