We use state-of-art AI plus intuitive UI to eliminate useless paperwork and make the whole world go faster.
To achieve this, we create product extensions that interactively communicate with Rossum's REST API and event-based API, to assist the processing of a document (including data validation, post-processing, integration tasks, data enrichment, and much more).
Our Tech Stack
However, here are few preferences, that we already know of:
- ECMAScript 2015 (and above) or Typescript
- Promises (with async/await notation) as the default for the handling of async events (or even better RxJS) – in short: not just callbacks
- For frontends, Rossum uses React (frontend skills not required for this job, but are a big plus)
- PostgreSQL is our database of choice across projects
- All our services are deployed in Kubernetes clusters, currently in AWS
- Our deployments and releases are 98% based on GitOps, with infrastructure defined as code and managed by GitLab-based CI+CD pipelines
We are all geeks and hackers who like to engineer beautiful systems, all the way to Rossum’s CEO. You will fit right in if:
- You can develop REST services end-to-end
- You know your way around CSS (SASS is a plus)
- You lean towards the functional paradigm (const over let, your favorite functions are map, filter, and reduce, etc.)
- You are comfortable with git
- You welcome code reviews from both ends and you test anything you develop
- You have experience with some of the following development tools: Docker, kubectl, linters, testing frameworks
- You are happy to help less experienced people and to learn from more experienced ones
- You are honest and bullshit-free. You base your opinions on data, but don’t cling to it in the face of good arguments
What we offer
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup in Prague.
- Be a founding member of the JS team in Rossum's Global Services team
- Have the opportunity to learn about DevOps (if interested) by working with our world-class Site Reliability Team
- An environment where nothing is dogma and the best idea wins
- We designed a fair Employee Stock Option Plan
- An enjoyable working environment in a very diverse team (21+ nationalities)
- A laptop of your choice & necessary tech is a given
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, and home office setup
- English language lessons on all levels (and Czech lessons, too!)
- Multisport card to get your workout at any of 2 700 places in Czechia
- Beautiful office with 200 m2 terrace and a view of the Prague castle in the heart of Karlin
Rossum (the name comes from Czech writer Karel Čapek’s play “Rossum’s Universal Robots”) is capable of extracting data (from documents) six times faster than the human rate. Last year alone it managed to save companies across a number of sectors over one billion keystrokes, the equivalent of 150 years of human labor. Today, the company automates document communication for customers on five continents and a client roster that includes Siemens, Bosch, Cushman & Wakefield, Veolia, and, here in the Czech Republic, Alza, Kofola, and Mattoni.
After tripling our revenue in 2020 and securing Eastern Europe’s largest-ever Series A funding of $100M in 2021 , we plan to further expand our market share and invest heavily across our Go-to-market teams & our research and development backbone.
Our product is number #1 in its category.
Rossum is an equal opportunity employer. At Rossum we believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we aim for. Therefore we maintain a culture of belonging and treat people with respect and provide equal opportunities for hiring, employment, promotion, termination, compensation etc. Rossum does not discriminate against any job applicant or employee or protected veteran because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, age or genetic information.