The RIR/Research team is responsible for our document extraction pipeline, which consists of tens of ML models extracting information from documents. At the same time we operate the system that continually improves those models, mostly without human interaction. The volume of documents we process grows exponentially and the capabilities of our product are constantly growing.
We are looking for autonomous problem solvers. The ability to learn fast is more important than your skill set; it’s not crucial to check all checkboxes from the following list:
- You love programming in any language but agree Python is one of the best ways to code.
- You are familiar with K8s, DevOps and GitOps principles.
GREAT TO HAVE
- You are used to taking end-to-end responsibility for features – from discovery and design to delivery and deployment.
- You have experience with message brokers and event-driven systems. Familiarity with RabbitMQ is a plus.
- You are aware of developer user experience while designing APIs. You make sure your code is well documented and easy to use.
- You are honest and bullshit-free. You base your opinions on data, but don’t cling to it in the face of good arguments.
- You are passionate about your work for both technical merits and its strong purpose.
The RIR platform team supports 20+ engineers and researchers and ensures that they can focus on ML and business logic.
- You will develop and operate core tools for a set of asynchronously connected microservices, with scalability in your mind.
- You will also make sure our development processes are efficient and that we ship reliable code to many Kubernetes clusters Rossum is operating around the world.
- There is certainly no shortage of demanding engineering problems that you will be solving with high autonomy. You will closely cooperate with our feature teams, AI researches and SRE team. Your decisions will have a multiplicative effect as there are several teams relying on you.
OUR TECH STACK
Rossum is a Python company (not uncommon for an AI startup). We use Python for training our AI models, actual data processing, and also for our backend APIs.
- Our backend services are written in Django or Flask.
- We are gradually chipping away loosely coupled microservices from our core components, picking the cases where it improves scaling and reliability.
- From being heavy REST API users, we are moving communication of our internal components towards message queues. We most like connecting our services by RabbitMQ or Apache Pulsar.
- We use PostgreSQL for our primary databases, partitioned to ensure queries are fast enough on our table sizes.
- Our ML models are built with Keras and Tensorflow, and we like to rely on Kubeflow for most training and experiments.
- All our services are deployed in Kubernetes clusters: currently in AWS and Azure.
- Our deployments and releases are 98% based on GitOps, with infrastructure defined as code and managed by GitLab-based CI+CD pipelines.
WHAT WE OFFER (BENEFITS)
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup following the best Silicon Valley practices, in Prague.
5 weeks of vacation
5 sick days / personal time off
Flexible working hours, hybrid regime of work
Extra two weeks for paternity leave
High end laptop & other necessary tech
English & Czech language lessons on all levels
Tasky snacks, food and beverages in the office
Multisport card to access sports facilities
Rossum (the name comes from Czech writer Karel Čapek’s play “Rossum’s Universal Robots”) is capable of extracting data (from documents) six times faster than the human rate. Last year alone it managed to save companies across a number of sectors over one billion keystrokes, the equivalent of 150 years of human labor. Today, the company automates document communication for customers on five continents and a client roster that includes Siemens, Bosch, Cushman & Wakefield, Veolia, and, here in the Czech Republic, Alza, Kofola, and Mattoni.
After tripling our revenue in 2020 and securing Eastern Europe’s largest-ever Series A funding of $100M in 2021 , we plan to further expand our market share and invest heavily across our Go-to-market teams & our research and development backbone.
Our product is number #1 in its category.
Rossum is an equal opportunity employer. At Rossum we believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we aim for. Therefore we maintain a culture of belonging and treat people with respect and provide equal opportunities for hiring, employment, promotion, termination, compensation etc. Rossum does not discriminate against any job applicant or employee or protected veteran because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, age or genetic information.