We use state-of-art AI plus intuitive UI to eliminate useless paperwork and make the whole world go faster. Each company wants to customize and integrate Rossum in their workflow, which means seamless product adoption has a significant impact on the value we provide as a whole.
In practice, this often means the development of custom services that extend the product capabilities beyond the out-of-the-box features and create integrations to many different systems that our customers use.
As a Solution Architect, your job is to understand customers' needs and tailor a customized solution in a form of a descriptive and actionable backlog for the developers.
We are all geeks and hackers who like to engineer beautiful systems, all the way to Rossum’s CEO. You will fit right in if:
- This role is ideal for ex-programmers who want to grow in solving high-level design problems, rather than specific low-level engineering tasks.
- You love solving puzzles.
- You can contextualize your technical decisions by their business impact.
- You know how to communicate your designs and ideas clearly and descriptively, so developers can follow through on them.
- You know just what questions to ask the customers to reveal the pain points and their true source.
- You understand the general principles of good security practices and you can identify potential risks to both the solution and the overall delivery process
- You know your stakeholders, what is important to them, and how to communicate with them.
- You are UX-sensitive. When designing solutions you always consider how the end-user will be affected by your decisions.
- You are familiar with how the end-to-end development process works. You already participated in a dev process in some capacity. Experience with JIRA is a plus.
- You are honest and bullshit-free. You base your opinions on data, but don’t cling to it in the face of good arguments.
Our Tech Stack
Rossum is a very tech-savvy product, therefore a familiarity or even experience with the following stack is a huge plus.
- When integrating services we prefer the interface defined as REST APIs
- Most of our services are written in Flask or Django.
- We use PostgreSQL as our database of choice.
- All our services are deployed in Kubernetes clusters, currently in AWS. (But we avoid relying on the AWS ecosystem too much.)
What we offer
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup following the best Silicon Valley practices in Prague.
- We designed the Employee Stock Option Plan as the fairest in Prague.
- Enjoyable working environment with a very diverse team (27+ nationalities) in a beautiful office with a 200 m2 terrace and a view of the Prague castle in the heart of Karlin.
- A laptop of your choice & necessary tech is a given.
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, and home office setup.
- Tasty snacks & the best coffee and tea in Prague.
- English and Czech language lessons on all levels.
- Multisport card to get your workout at any of 2 700 places in Czechia.
Rossum (the name comes from Czech writer Karel Čapek’s play “Rossum’s Universal Robots”) is capable of extracting data (from documents) six times faster than the human rate. Last year alone it managed to save companies across a number of sectors over one billion keystrokes, the equivalent of 150 years of human labor. Today, the company automates document communication for customers on five continents and a client roster that includes Siemens, Bosch, Cushman & Wakefield, Veolia, and, here in the Czech Republic, Alza, Kofola, and Mattoni.
After tripling our revenue in 2020 and securing Eastern Europe’s largest-ever Series A funding of $100M in 2021 , we plan to further expand our market share and invest heavily across our Go-to-market teams & our research and development backbone.
Our product is number #1 in its category.
Rossum is an equal opportunity employer. At Rossum we believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we aim for. Therefore we maintain a culture of belonging and treat people with respect and provide equal opportunities for hiring, employment, promotion, termination, compensation etc. Rossum does not discriminate against any job applicant or employee or protected veteran because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, age or genetic information.