saas.group was founded in 2017 with a simple goal in mind: to help promising, profitable SaaS companies reach their full potential.
We are a fully remote, international team with colleagues in over 31 countries around the world. Our portfolio currently consists of 17 well-known SaaS companies and is continuously growing. We extended our team from 50 to 250+ people in the last 2 years through hiring and acquisitions.
This position is part of our Central DevOps team.
The DevOps Team is responsible for managing saas.group central infrastructure but also acts as a consultant for our brands. The main idea behind it is to create and maintain a set of central services, like observability, backups or SSO, that our brands can just use instead of managing them on their own. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for creating solutions and supervising the progress as well as assisting the brands with various infrastructure-related projects and tasks like;
- Leading and performing infrastructure-related projects for saas.group brands: maintenance, performance optimization, incident management, migrations to Kubernetes, dockerizing apps, etc
- Assisting saas.group brands in their day-to-day infrastructure tasks: performing upgrades, deployments, configuring CI/CD pipelines, securing the infrastructure, etc
- Automating various aspects in the infrastructure: provisioning, deployments, etc
- Cooperating with dev team to ensure the high level of availability, stability and security for all applications
- Performing cloud costs optimizations
- Performing on call duties and incident management best practices
What you bring to the table
- You have 5+ years of experience as DevOps / Platform Engineer or SRE;
- You have a good practical knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes;
- You are comfortable with a couple of cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku, Digital Ocean, Hetzner - we run on a multi cloud infrastructure);
- You have a knowledge of commercial log and observability services like Datadog, New Relic and/or self-hosted observability tools like ELK, Prometheus;
- You have experience with Cloudflare, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ;
- You have experience with IaC tools (preferably Terraform);
- You are familiar with CI/CD concepts and methodologies;
- You have experience with Linux (any major distribution);
- You have experience in Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational databases (MongoDB) - prior DBA experience would be a great plus
- You have the ability to code in any modern scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc)
- You have knowledge about security best practices
- You have experience with Git tools
- Outstanding communication, stakeholder management skills and a consultative approach
What we offer
- Ultimate flexibility: We’re 100% remote. You can work from wherever you like, whenever you like. European time zone preferred.
- Freedom and autonomy: We’re a high-trust team, and you’ll be given lots of independence to solve problems in your own way — with plenty of help from the team when you need it.
- Minimum bureaucracy: We don’t like to get bogged down with meetings and red tape. We like to be efficient and keep momentum steady & sustainable.
- Small & friendly team: We help each other out, have fun, and joke around.
- Unlimited paid time off: We want you to recharge your batteries when needed.