Sales Impact Academy Foundation, an exciting new charitable foundation, is seeking an Executive Director to realise the vision of the Trustees, to provide direction and leadership and to be responsible for the Foundation’s administration, grant management, and financial management. Working closely with the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will also be responsible for overseeing the effective spending of grants per annum, as well as strategy, budgets and business plans ensuring compliance with charity law and regulations.
We are seeking someone with a proven track record of either running a grant-making charity or leading a team within a charity. The successful candidate will have proven leadership and strategic skills and a strong eye for detail.
Reporting to the Chair of Trustees, and working with the Board of Trustees, we are looking to recruit an individual who demonstrates a clear commitment to the cause of the Foundation, has highly effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrable background in stakeholder management.
Established by the founders of Sales Impact Academy (SIA), the Foundation is being developed to complement SIA’s core purpose, however it will operate as a separate organisation. SIA is building a successful global business in the tech sector and wants to share this success by providing learning and education opportunities, amongst other activities, to those who do not have the opportunity to step into a new career due to a lack of access, skills and confidence, and to those who cannot afford to embark on specialist training. There is no pre-requisite that candidates have any experience in the tech sector.
Strategy and direction
Work with the Trustees to deliver the Founders’ vision. Develop and implement a strategy to deliver the vision. Develop realistic deliverables and measure progress. Act as the lead Ambassador for the Foundation.
Build an effective relationship with the Chair and Board of Trustees. Ensure the development and implementation of effective policies. Ensure all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements are adhered to. Develop and implement an effective risk register. Ensure the timely submission of the annual report and accounts.
Keep up to date with development and changes to fundraising environment. Develop an income generation strategy to work alongside SIA’s 2.2.2 contribution.
Develop and manage relationships with appropriate stakeholders. Develop effective communications for engaging stakeholders. Represent the Foundation at external events. Building relationships with education institutions, policymakers, funders and other third sector organisations in this area to ensure that our work has an impact.
To act as the interface between the Trustees and applicants, assessing applications and presenting recommended candidates to the Trustees, implement Trustees decisions and provide on-going support for successful candidates.
- A successful track record in leadership with a like minded organisation
- A strong understanding of Charity law and the regulatory environment
- Proven experience in developing and delivering strategy
- Proven experience in financial management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with experience of complex stakeholder management
- Experience of working with a Board of Trustees or similar
- Understanding and experience of grant-making process
- Understanding of risk and data management
- Experience of working with international stakeholders
- Relevant qualification
Essential skills and attributes
- Commitment to the vision of the Foundation
- Strong personal integrity and desire to work with diverse audiences
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of Charity legal and regulatory environment
This is a part-time position, 2-3 days per week.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this post, please contact Nikki Wright on email@example.com