Sales Impact Academy Foundation, an exciting new charitable foundation, is seeking an Executive Director to realise the vision of the Trustees, to provide direction and leadership and to be responsible for the Foundation’s administration, grant management, and financial management. Working closely with the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will also be responsible for overseeing the effective spending of grants per annum, as well as strategy, budgets and business plans ensuring compliance with charity law and regulations.
We are seeking someone with a proven track record of either running a grant-making charity or leading a team within a charity. The successful candidate will have proven leadership and strategic skills and a strong eye for detail.
Reporting to the Chair of Trustees, and working with the Board of Trustees, we are looking to recruit an individual who demonstrates a clear commitment to the cause of the Foundation, has highly effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrable background in stakeholder management.
Established by the founders of Sales Impact Academy (SIA), the Foundation is being developed to complement SIA’s core purpose, however it will operate as a separate organisation. SIA is building a successful global business in the tech sector and wants to share this success by providing learning and education opportunities, amongst other activities, to those who do not have the opportunity to step into a new career due to a lack of access, skills and confidence, and to those who cannot afford to embark on specialist training. There is no pre-requisite that candidates have any experience in the tech sector.
Salary: Unpaid. Expenses incurred with prior agreement.
Hours: Four meetings a year of the Board. Additionally Trustees are invited to two strategic planning meetings a year.
Location: Remote (and central London)
Who are the Charity’s trustees
The trustee board comprises:
- The Chair (initially the SIA Trustee)
- At least 2 appointed trustees (including the Treasurer)
Trustee Role Purpose
As a trustee, you will be responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the SIA Foundation, developing its objectives and goals in accordance with company, legal and regulatory guidelines.
The trustees will carry out business on behalf of the organisation. In your role, as a trustee, you will help to protect the wealth and assets of the organisation. You will be legally responsible for the assets and debts of the organisation. The trustee board must act as a group and not as individuals.
- Ensuring that the SIA Foundation complies with its governing document, charity law, and any other legislation or regulations
- Making sure that the SIA Foundation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
- Monitoring the financial position and ensuring that it operates within its means and that there are clear lines of accountability for financial management
- Ensuring that the resources of the SIA Foundation are used only to pursue legitimate objectives.
- Active participation on the board of trustees' in providing strategic direction and supporting the development of policies, goals and targets.
- Maintaining the good name of the SIA Foundation.
- Making sure that the administration of the Foundation is carried out efficiently.
- Ensuring the financial stability of the Foundation organisation.
- Participating in working groups, and networking as necessary.
- Leading discussions and providing guidance on new initiatives, particularly in areas where the Trustee has specific skills, knowledge or expertise.
- Maintaining confidentiality about any sensitive or confidential information received in the course of duties as a trustee.
Minimum time commitment
Trustees are expected to attend an induction session with SIA Foundation prior to their first board meeting. Trustees are expected to attend all board meetings. Board meetings are held three to four times a year. An additional strategic planning session will be held for the coming year.
- Papers are distributed one week in advance of meetings.
- Trustees are invited to the annual general meeting which takes place during xxxx.
- Trustees can claim out of pocket expenses incurred in travelling to meetings, if applicable.
Skills and experience
Each trustee must have these skills and attributes:
- Commitment to the goals and aims of the SIA Foundation.
- Dedication to the role and a willingness to devote the required time.
- The ability to make good independent judgements for the SIA Foundation.
- Being able to think strategically and creatively.
- Understanding the importance of carrying out required legal and regulatory duties.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team with the ability to voice concerns and opinions.
- Integrity and objectivity which can be applied to all aspects of the role.
The Board of Trustees collectively need experience in the following areas:
- Financial management, income generation, investment management
- Adult education and training
- Employment policy
- Understanding and developing a career in SaaS