Sano is the platform that patient-centric personalised medicine research is built on.
We help pharma, biotechs, biobanks, and patient organisations to run digital and at-home personalised medicine research that is faster, and more cost-effective than traditional approaches.
Taking part in research is currently hard to do and a poor experience for the patient. Finding out about opportunities is haphazard, and there is often little meaningful return for those who take the time and care to get involved. The result is that organisations with cutting edge theories and medicines to test, can’t find the right patients to work with. To discover cures for the diseases that affect us and our families, we need to enable people to contribute to medical science, effortlessly and on their own terms. We founded Sano to enable medical research that is data-driven and puts patients at the centre of the experience.
Today, the Sano platform is helping tens of thousands of people connect to relevant research projects including clinical trials which are testing new medicines. By the end of 2022, we expect to be helping hundreds of thousands of people.
We are a team of 25 people today, so this is an exceptional chance to join early in our journey to help define our culture and the company’s mission.
What you will build
We need a skilled, reliable, and motivated cloud infrastructure engineer who will largely be responsible for:
- Work within the Infrastructure team to systemise and configure our standardised cloud Infrastructure-As-A-Service (IAAS) portal solutions securely for our large scale bioresource customers.
- Configuring infrastructure to ensure reliable and regular software deployments across a network of portal solutions.
- Managing and and improving our infrastructure-as-code systems
- Supporting our clients with their provisioned infrastructure
- Experience in AWS IAM, RDS, Lambda, PostgreSQL, EC2, VPC
- Expertise in network security, firewalls, VPCs, VPNs.
- Experience with common SQL databases (ideally PostgreSQL).
- Experience in Python programming.
- Experience scaling cloud infrastructure to situations of high traffic and load
- Experience in DevOps, ensuring reliable deployments and creating high quality developer environments.
- Experience with Amazon CDK infrastructure-as-code tooling.
Bonus points for
- Experience in AWS compliance and security. Ensuring all data is encrypted data at rest, and in-transit, and sufficient audit trails are in place to meet common frameworks (GDPR, HIPAA). See AWS HIPAA whitepaper: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/latest/architecting-hipaa-security-and-compliance-on-aws/welcome.html
- Generous remote working budget including £1,200 stipend for home working, co-working space access, or hybrid model depending on what works best for you
- Stock options
- Pension contribution with Nest
- Up to 35 days holidays with buy back, 25 days as standard + bank holidays
- Quarterly two days off-site socials
- 16 weeks parental leave fully paid (offered to mothers and fathers working at Sano)
- Learning & Development budget
- Flexible benefit plan with access to a range of benefits of your choice
- Community and social groups
Please note: We can only accept applications from those eligible to live and work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
Sano Genetics welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.