Sano is the platform that patient-centric personalised medicine research is built on.
We help pharma, biotechs, biobanks, and patient organisations to run digital and at-home personalised medicine research that is faster, and more cost-effective than traditional approaches.
Taking part in research is currently hard to do and a poor experience for the patient. Finding out about opportunities is haphazard, and there is often little meaningful return for those who take the time and care to get involved. The result is that organisations with cutting edge theories and medicines to test, can’t find the right patients to work with. To discover cures for the diseases that affect us and our families, we need to enable people to contribute to medical science, effortlessly and on their own terms. We founded Sano to enable medical research that is data-driven and puts patients at the centre of the experience.
Today, the Sano platform is helping tens of thousands of people connect to relevant research projects including clinical trials which are testing new medicines. By the end of 2022, we expect to be helping hundreds of thousands of people.
We are a team of 25 people today, so this is an exceptional chance to join early in our journey to help define our culture and the company’s mission.
What you will build
We need a skilled, reliable, and motivated full-stack engineer who can deliver on tasks involving a mix of frontend and backend related skills. For example:
- We’d like to make an open source contribution and make available a free version of our patient research portal that researchers can use in order to start expediting their research and increase the velocity of their research.
- We’d like to continue adding features and functionality to our paid enterprise patient portal product for the likes of Genomics England and other large bioresource partners.
- We want to make it easier for people to join Sano and for Sano users to join research. To do this, we need to build API integrations to securely share data with trusted partners (always with the users permission).
- Building robust API integrations with third party services
- Writing server code to return data to the client via REST interfaces
- Making careful adjustments to our database schema to accurately model the entities and relationships that are essential for our product.
- Experience in SQL database schema design
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience in Authentication protocols (OAuth, JWT)
- Experience and good habits with Python unit testing
- Solid fundamentals in best practices of building REST interfaces.
Experience with the following would be a plus:
- Experience with Python web frameworks and ORMs e.g. Flask, Peewee, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with client frameworks and datastores such as Vue.js, Vuex, and VuexORM.
- Generous remote working budget including £1,200 stipend for home working, co-working space access, or hybrid model depending on what works best for you
- Stock options
- Pension contribution with Nest
- Up to 35 days holidays with buy back, 25 days as standard + bank holidays
- Quarterly two days off-site socials
- 16 weeks parental leave fully paid (offered to mothers and fathers working at Sano)
- Learning & Development budget
- Flexible benefit plan with access to a range of benefits of your choice
- Community and social groups
Please note: We can only accept applications from those eligible to live and work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
Sano Genetics welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.