Sano is the platform that patient-centric personalised medicine research is built on.
We help pharma, biotechs, biobanks, and patient organisations to run digital and at-home personalised medicine research that is faster, and more cost-effective than traditional approaches.
Taking part in research is currently hard to do and a poor experience for the patient. Finding out about opportunities is haphazard, and there is often little meaningful return for those who take the time and care to get involved. The result is that organisations with cutting edge theories and medicines to test, can’t find the right patients to work with. To discover cures for the diseases that affect us and our families, we need to enable people to contribute to medical science, effortlessly and on their own terms. We founded Sano to enable medical research that is data-driven and puts patients at the centre of the experience.
Today, the Sano platform is helping tens of thousands of people connect to relevant research projects including clinical trials which are testing new medicines. By the end of 2022, we expect to be helping hundreds of thousands of people.
We are a team of 25 people today, so this is an exceptional chance to join early in our journey to help define our culture and the company’s mission.
This role is responsible for supporting the direct activities of Sano staff including the Senior Project Manager. You will assist and manage staff in clinical research projects to ensure compliance with protocols and overall project objectives. Plan, direct, or coordinate clinical research projects.
- Responsible for supporting the development of project plans (project timelines and resource requirements) for the delivery of precision research studies.
- Proactively anticipates and understands concerns/issues/delays in the project and develops risk assessment and contingency plans. Holds each functional area responsible for associated risk mitigation and management.
- Be a source of communication for the project team to discuss and align milestone dates.
- Tracks and forecasts budget, metrics, timelines progress for all project deliverables to enable better project decisions.
- Gathers metrics from cross-functional areas in relation to project progress
- Identify protocol related issues and assist in problem resolution
- Communicate and coordinate with internal/external stakeholders including company leadership and sponsors/CROs to keep everyone up to date on study progress, lead presentations, and work through difficult conversations when projects are experiencing difficulties.
- Creates a cohesive team environment encouraging productivity.
- Participation and presentation at project meetings
- Responsible for client-facing activities (updating on progress, leading presentations, etc.).
- You will have a number of year’s experience managing clinical trials - preferably for either a patient recruitment company or Contract Research Organisation (CRO)
- An agile and dynamic person is required, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Strong leadership skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Ability to solve problems. Must have effective time management and organisational skills.
- Analytical and strong in Excel
- Generous remote working budget including £1,200 stipend for home working, co-working space access, or hybrid model depending on what works best for you
- Stock options
- Pension contribution with Nest
- Up to 35 days holidays with buy back, 25 days as standard + bank holidays
- Quarterly two days off-site socials
- 16 weeks parental leave fully paid (offered to mothers and fathers working at Sano)
- Learning & Development budget
- Flexible benefit plan with access to a range of benefits of your choice
- Community and social groups
Please note: We can only accept applications from those eligible to live and work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
Sano Genetics welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.