At Sano, we’re revolutionising the way personalised medicine research is conducted, making it more efficient and more human-centric!
Our platform empowers Pharma, Biotechs, Population Genomics Initiatives, and Patient Organizations to run digital and at-home personalised medicine research that is faster, more cost-effective, and more diverse and inclusive than traditional methods. We understand that participating in research can be a difficult and unfulfilling experience for patients. That’s why we are committed to making it easier for individuals to contribute to medical science on their own terms and get more in return.
Join our team of over 60 dedicated individuals as we continue to grow and shape our company culture and mission.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Tech Leads and other engineers to define and shape the scope of the work
- Implement and test new API endpoints using Python to support product features across two customer-facing products
- Make pragmatic decisions about implementations, making trade-offs between in-house vs off-the-shelf solutions for our technical problems
- Design and implement database model changes using SQLAlchemy, and write database schema migrations as needed
- Maintain the quality of our codebase by paying attention to consistency and refactoring parts of the code as needed
- For larger pieces of work, produce lightweight documentation (we use Notion and Miro) to communicate technical designs and get feedback from the rest of the team
- Participate in code reviews with the rest of the team
This job is for you if you:
- Have production experience of designing and implementing REST APIs, ideally using Python
- Have experience designing and implementing database schemas using ORMs
- Have a quality mindset and are passionate about testing (both unit and integration testing)
- Are happy to quickly learn new technologies as and when it’s needed - we believe in choosing the right technology for the job!
- Are a self-driven and proactive engineer who can unblock themselves by asking questions and collaborating with others
- Are happy working in cross-functional teams alongside front end engineers, bioinformaticians, product designers and product managers
- Are okay with uncertainty - you will be tackling problems that don’t always have a well-defined solution
- Remote-first workplace (up to 45 working days abroad)
- Flexible working hours
- Stock options
- Up to 40 days holiday through buy back | 25 days as Standard + Public Holidays
- £1,200 work from home stipend
- Company Issued Laptop
- Full health insurance with access to all UK private hospitals/specialists and £0 excess - possibility to add family members at reduced price
- Premium dental insurance
- Life & Income protection insurance
- 16 weeks full pay parental leave (for both mothers and fathers)
- Workplace nursery sacrifice scheme with nursery of your choice
- Cycle and tech salary sacrifice scheme
- Quarterly 2 days off-site socials
- Up to £1,000 year in learning & development
- Increased pension contribution via Royal London
We can only accept applications from those eligible to live and work in the UK or in the USA (for specific roles). We are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
In addition, as part of our due diligence process, we will be conducting basic DBS checks on successful candidates. As per the The code of practice published under section 122 of the Police Act 1997, we are committed to treating all candidates fairly and are happy to share our Equal Opportunities and Ex-Offender policy on request.
Sano Genetics welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.