At Sano, we’re revolutionising the way personalised medicine research is conducted, making it more efficient and more human-centric!
Our platform empowers Pharma, Biotechs, Population Genomics Initiatives, and Patient Organizations to run digital and at-home personalised medicine research that is faster, more cost-effective, and more diverse and inclusive than traditional methods. We understand that participating in research can be a difficult and unfulfilling experience for patients. That’s why we are committed to making it easier for individuals to contribute to medical science on their own terms and get more in return.
Join our team of over 60 dedicated individuals as we continue to grow and shape our company culture and mission.
As the Finance Manager at Sano, you will play a crucial role in steering the company’s financial operations and providing strategic insights to support informed decision-making and optimize resource allocation. Your responsibilities will encompass financial reporting, budget management, and cross-functional engagement, ensuring financial clarity, efficiency, and robustness in all financial matters.
You will work closely with the Head of Finance, embodying a strong sense of ownership, exceptional stakeholder management skills, and a keen analytical mind. Your dedication to accuracy, compliance, and continuous improvement will empower Sano to grow sustainably and achieve its ambitious goals in personalized medicine.
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, driving financial clarity and strategic insight.
- Managing budgets effectively, ensuring optimal resource allocation and financial efficiency.
- Engaging cross-functionally to foster collaboration and drive financial awareness throughout the organization.
- Driving strategic decision-making through detailed analysis and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and standards, mitigating risks effectively.
- Championing innovation and automation in financial processes, contributing to operational efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Supporting the Head of Finance in all financial operations, ensuring a high level of efficiency and compliance.
Required skills and expertise
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification with post-qualification experience in a start-up or scale-up environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Experience with using Xero (preferred but not essential).
- Prior ownership of month-end close in a multi-entity business setting (preferred but not essential).
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Budget Management and Resource Optimisation
- Cross-Functional Engagement and Collaboration
- Risk Mitigation and Regulatory Compliance
- Innovation and Process Improvement
- Remote-first workplace within UK
- Up to 45 Working Days Abroad
- Flexible working hours
- Stock options
- Up to 35 days holidays through buy back, 25 days as standard + 8 bank holidays
- £1,200 work from home stipend
- Company Issued Laptop
- Full health insurance with access to all UK private hospitals/specialists and £0 excess - possibility to add family members at reduced price
- Premium dental insurance
- Life & Income protection insurance
- 16 weeks full pay parental leave (for both mothers and fathers)
- Workplace nursery sacrifice scheme with nursery of your choice
- Cycle and tech salary sacrifice scheme
- Quarterly 2 days off-site socials
- Up to £1,000 year in learning & development
- Increased pension contribution via Royal London
We can only accept applications from those eligible to live and work in the UK or in the USA (for specific roles). We are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
In addition, as part of our due diligence process, we will be conducting basic DBS checks on successful candidates. As per the The code of practice published under section 122 of the Police Act 1997, we are committed to treating all candidates fairly and are happy to share our Equal Opportunities and Ex-Offender policy on request.
Sano Genetics welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.