At Sano, we’re revolutionising the way personalised medicine research is conducted, making it more efficient and more human-centric!
Our platform empowers Pharma, Biotechs, Population Genomics Initiatives, and Patient Organizations to run digital and at-home personalised medicine research that is faster, more cost-effective, and more diverse and inclusive than traditional methods. We understand that participating in research can be a difficult and unfulfilling experience for patients. That’s why we are committed to making it easier for individuals to contribute to medical science on their own terms and get more in return.
Join our team of over 60 dedicated individuals as we continue to grow and shape our company culture and mission.
Managing return of genetic testing results, our free genetic counseling resource, and working closely with the clinical operations, product, engineering, and operations teams to iteratively improve on our return of results process for patients and other stakeholders. We are looking for an experienced clinical genetics lead with a strong interest in clinical trials, biomarker development, patient finding programs, and precision medicine to manage and oversee our clinical genetics operations, from receipt of the data from the lab to delivery to the patient and sponsor.
- Optimising the return of results process to participants and other stakeholders (e.g. sites, healthcare providers, sponsors)for our genetic tests
- For each new study, be involved in the design and process for creating the genetic report template, reviewing reports, and ensuring that the process is optimised to return results securely, promptly, and accurately.
- Developing a network of genetic counselors in multiple countries and work with the engineering team and clinical operations team to implement an efficient referral process if and when required
- Proactively working with the product and engineering teams to improve the post-results participant experience
- Supporting the study delivery team in all aspects of data delivery to the sponsor (agreed turnaround times, format, edge cases etc…)
- Writing SOPs and implementing best practices with the bioinformatics team on the QA, data storage and delivery processes
- Regularly review data delivery, reporting processes and associated support functions and seek appropriate expertise to ensure these aspects are in line with local regulations at all time.
- Proactively working with the study delivery team to design streamlined reports for a study and ensure there is a process in place to deliver them to participants quickly and safely.
- Developing and maintain an international network of genetic counselors and work with the product team to seamlessly integrate this function in the user experience.
- Seeking appropriate expertise to ensure that our processes are in line with local regulations at all time and be responsible to maintain clear SOPs and policies on data delivery, reporting and participant support.
- Supporting the study delivery team in building clear and consistent aggregated reports for the sponsor and in managing edge cases.
- Proactively improving the clinical genetics function, working closely with all teams to optimise the success metrics listed above.
- Strong knowledge of clinical genetics and experience designing diagnostic reports for patients
- Experience working with genetic counselors at scale
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements surrounding genetic testing
- Experience working in a direct to consumer setting is a plus
We can only accept applications from those eligible to live and work in the UK or in the USA (for specific roles). We are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
In addition, as part of our due diligence process, we will be conducting basic DBS checks on successful candidates. As per the The code of practice published under section 122 of the Police Act 1997, we are committed to treating all candidates fairly and are happy to share our Equal Opportunities and Ex-Offender policy on request.
Sano Genetics welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.