Scorewarrior is a game developer and publisher from Limassol, Cyprus. The company was founded in 2015 and is focused on 4X strategy and mid-core MMO games. Our team has 100+ passionate, talented, self-demanding, and constantly developing professionals who love making high-quality games.
Our mission: We create games with a mission to unite and excite people all over the world.
We're looking for a team leader for a small team of DevOps/SRE engineers.
The team is dedicated to solving infrastructure tasks (bare metal/GCP/managed Kubernetes) and internal services (such as monitoring, logging, and data security).
The team works closely with many other teams in the company, specifically with Data Platform, Backend, and Web, as well as QA, Release Management, and others.
The team doesn't focus on CI/CD: we have a DevExp team for that 🙂
We're currently in the process of moving our product from bare metal hosts to the cloud. We're also continuing to launch even more services, both internal and product-related, within Kubernetes.
The team's main goal is to create a secure and user-friendly infrastructure for our game.
We're looking for a team leader who:
- Together with the team, can select the most appropriate initiatives to achieve our next ambitious goal.
- Will be dedicating a sizeable part of their time to leadership tasks (up to 50% of their work time). In particular, this means:
○ Shaping the roadmap for our objectives.
○ Providing expert task assistance during sprints.
○ Sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
○ One-to-one meetings.
- Dealing with tasks and reviews along with other engineers.
- Moving away from bare-metal hosting.
- Providing safe recovery procedures for infrastructure components.
- Implementing testing for our configurations and IaC.
- Creating infrastructure and ensuring that it performs effectively.
- Administrating DB clusters (PostgreSQL).
- Developing monitoring.
You would be a good fit if you have:
- Extensive experience in Linux database administration.
- Used Configuration management tools extensively in the past.
- Worked with cloud providers (preferably GCP) and IaC tools.
- An advanced understanding of Kubernetes and experience using it.
- Set up and used monitoring extensively.
- More than three years of experience as an engineer or more than two years of experience as a team leader of a small team.
The following would also be to your advantage:
- Being able to locate network problems in a localhost and in cloud provider networks.
- A good knowledge of how to create and maintain PostgreSQL database clusters.
What we offer and our benefits:
- Full-coverage relocation for you and your family to Cyprus (Limassol).
- Modern and sunny office space very close to the Mediterranean sea.
- Excellent and competitive remuneration package.
- Private health insurance for you and your family members.
- School allowance of up to €400 per month (for children at pre-school and school-age).
- Personal development courses.
- Friendly working environment :)