What we need:
Smilegate Europe is looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Concept Artist, to join our growing team of developers. We're looking for an individual to collaborate with a team of like-minded and talented creatives to conceive of inspired characters, environments, props, and other gameplay elements. The ideal individual is someone who appreciates and thrives on the development process and has a great eye for design.
What the role involves:
- Collaborate with the Art Director to establish visual direction for the game.
- Create concept art for characters, environments, and props.
- Create storyboards, background illustrations, and promotional artwork.
- Collaborate with Artists and Designers to creatively solve problems.
- Assist Art Director and Art Leads by providing feedback and guidance to Artists.
- Design visually cohesive fictional/realistic worlds and characters.
- Assemble reference materials to support the concept designs.
- Provide and receive feedback professionally.
- At least one shipped AAA title.
- A web portfolio that demonstrates skill in environment, character, creature, vehicle, weapon, and props concept development.
- An effective researcher that understands how to successfully navigate through various databases to discover the best reference and imagery possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work; committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of general 3d and game art production techniques.
- Some basic modeling experience.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine
Aiming to create best-in-class experiences that last forever in players' memories, a team of Game Industry veterans is building a new AAA Open World game studio in Barcelona, backed by a quality-first market-leading publisher and developer. If you are an experienced team player who loves game creation, values autonomy within a multi-national team, and would welcome the challenge of building new IPs and career-defining games - get in touch!
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.