What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to help us create a vast, expansive open world. This position has a strong focus on world-building and level creation. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing organic and hard-surfaced assets.
What the role involves:
- Create photo-realistic assets and environments from concepts using the latest industry tools.
- Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Environment Artist.
- Creatively troubleshooting technical limitations.
- Build urban, interior, and natural spaces.
- Set dresses with modular assets in-editor within the scope of the project's metrics and rules.
- Optimize and deliver clean assets with the correct organization.
- At least one shipped AAA title.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in game art production.
- Strong technical background with the ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- At a minimum, have a baseline understanding of content optimization and best practices for creating art efficiently for real-time performance.
- Thrive in a collaborative, iterative development environment.
- Deep experience with Unreal tools (blueprints, shaders/materials, cascade, etc.)
- An understanding of Houdini in games.
- Advanced understanding of Physically Based Shading materials and lighting.
- Substance Designer skills are a plus.
Aiming to create best-in-class experiences that last forever in players' memories, a team of Game Industry veterans is building a new AAA Open World game studio in Barcelona, backed by a quality-first market-leading publisher and developer. If you are an experienced team player who loves game creation, values autonomy within a multi-national team, and would welcome the challenge of building new IPs and career-defining games - get in touch.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Beer Thursdays
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.