Smilegate Barcelona is looking for a Senior Level Environment Artist to join a world-class Environment Team on an entirely new AAA open world project. In this role you will work closely with the Lead Level Environment Artist and take responsibility of sections of the world, as well as being a key member of the team as a mentor. As a Senior role on the development team you will have the opportunity to create and establish benchmark areas that link to the Art Direction.
What you will do
- As a Senior Level Environment Artist, you will oversee creating full levels in a realistic setting from start to finish.
- Participate in research, asset lists creation, preparation and content organization and theme definition with the Lead Level Environment Artist and Works with the Prop Art team to establish needs for the level.
- Iterate to improve your work based on feedback from your lead and directors
- He or she needs to be comfortable to work within a terrain editor.
- Level artist will need to be able to give constructive feedback to help the technical team improving procedural tools.
- Use all tools and 3D assets to build beautiful, lively and credible maps in close collaboration with a level designer and to match technical and Art direction requirements.
- Work closely with the lead artist and the associate art director to discuss and internalize the game’s vision and intentions; study visual references and perform independent artistic research for further inspiration.
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality AAA of final deliveries and oversee necessary optimization.
- As Senior you should be able to mentor, guide and motivate other artists on the team.
- He or she must be able to provide estimates, quantify and prioritize the work to be done on the map.
Skills we look for
- Must have shipped at least two AAA titles.
- Knowledgeable about: (Hard surface modeling, editing props, architectural modules, buildings…) making that sure they fit engine requirements and match quality expectations.
- He or she need to have a strong sense of composition in an open world AAA game
- High understanding of AAA open world level creation.
- Has experience using technical procedural tools.
Aiming to create best-in-class experiences that last forever in players' memories, a team of Game Industry veterans is building a new AAA Open World game studio in Barcelona, backed by a quality-first market-leading publisher and developer. If you are an experienced team player who loves game creation, values autonomy within a multi-national team, and would welcome the challenge of building new IPs and career-defining games - get in touch.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.