What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to be part of a new IP. You will make sure the team performs in the most effective way, fostering a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.
What the role involves:
- Help define and refine clear priorities, expectations, and commitments and measurable progress points against those.
- Consistently track and confirm that desired progress against milestone and sprint goals is being achieved.
- Help streamline and adjust our project management processes to suit this team's specific workflow needs.
- Ensure that the various planning, communication, and tracking tools are properly implemented and updated.
- Assist in defining deliverables and distribution of the team's cycles for sprints and longer-term roadmaps.
- Clearly communicate project highlights and overall status with both the internal teams and a wide array of audiences around the company.
- Responsible for putting together documentation packages required to go through all the approval & certification process phases.
- Coordinate and create the means required to ensure the proper flow of information throughout the project (e.g. meetings, newsletters, mailing lists, etc.)
- Manage certain aspects of production and special projects (e.g. organize playtests, follow-up on legal questions & approvals, etc.) whenever necessary
Report to: Executive producer.
- 5+ years of experience in project management.
- Previous experience in working in AAA videogame.
- Fluent in English.
- Exceptional, clear and effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and initiative, together with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of agile project management techniques and best practices.
- Able to generate, explain, and present detailed project metrics, schedules, milestone objectives, status reports, and other documentation clearly and accurately.
- Proficiency in multiple software tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to JIRA and Microsoft tools.
- Passion for the video game industry.
- Excellent presentation, organization, time management, and cross-department communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and work effectively under pressure
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.