Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Senior Engine Programmer to join a team of highly skilled coders. We are looking for an individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to architect high-level systems to low-level performance tweaks in C/C++.
- A strong understanding of the Unreal engine and how to expand it.
- Understanding of all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and generate cost-effective pipelines.
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project.
What the role involves:
Working with all other departments to identify specific needs and build a structure that supports rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with QA, Build Engineers, and Level Design team to define the best coding processes that balance rapid iteration with stability.
- Be the representative and champion for the Engine coding team to all other parties.
- Coordinate with and complement gameplay and AI programmers.
- Coordinate with the rest of the coders establishing programming guidelines, quality goals, and performance budgets.
- Thoroughly analyze the platform to understand and get the best of the latest generation of hardware.
- Continuously monitor the performance of all systems.
- Help build up a world-class engine programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions, and 360 feedback.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 1 shipped AAA games either as Senior / Lead gameplay programmer.
- Experience and deep working knowledge on building Game Engine components.
- Unreal Engine working experience in a modern console environment.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Beer Thursdays
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.