Smilegate Barcelona is seeking an experienced Senior AI Programmer to join a team of highly skilled coders. We are looking for an individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to code high-level systems to low-level performance tweaks in C/C++.
- A strong understanding of how to transform NPC design into meaningful and working feature sets.
- Good game design knowledge to complement and amplify design specs to create player-centric rewarding experiences.
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project.
What the role involves:
Working hand in hand with designers to build a structure to support rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordinate with engine coders to define the best programming environment for each development phase.
- Be the representative and champion for AI code to all other parties.
- Coordinate and complement work from AI and system designers.
- Coordinate with the rest of AI and gameplay coders establishing code guidelines, quality goals, and performance budgets.
- Work hand in hand with the combat, world, and mission design teams to make sure they have the most efficient tools.
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Help build up a world-class AI and gameplay programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Provide meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions, and 360 feedback.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 1 shipped AAA games either as Senior or Lead AI programmer.
- Experience and deep working knowledge of AI systems.
- Unreal Engine working experience in a modern console environment is a plus.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.