Smilegate Barcelona is expanding and we are looking to add a Senior Game Designer to the team and work on a huge new AAA open world game.
As a key member of the design team you will take ownership of core gameplay systems, working closely with all other disciplines to implement them to the highest standard.
What the role involves:
- Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (3C, game ingredients, game systems, game modes, enemy designs, AI behaviours, etc.).
- Help set quality-bar through hands-on ownership of open world content from conception to the final stages of polish.
- Collaborating with coworkers and other teams (design, art, animation, programming, etc.) to align on expectations and execution
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed.
- Participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features.
- Create and maintain design documentation that will guide interdependent teams.
- Create an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas.
- At least one shipped title in a design role (from pre-production to release)
- Experience with modern AAA open world games and their sandbox systems and mechanics
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proactive, supportive attitude and you are flexible
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to 2nd January).
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave
- Hybrid work model (3 days in the office, 2 days work from home) and Flexible Friday.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in Torre Glories, 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package with VISA support.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.