Smilegate Barcelona is expanding and we are looking to add a Lead Game Designer to the team and work on a huge new AAA open world game.
As a Lead Game Designer you will be responsible for the whole game design team, you will champion quality across the project and collaborate with all teams to deliver game of the year AAA player experiences.
What the role involves:
- Define the game vision and gameplay experience in collaboration with the design director
- Oversee the creation and implementation of innovative game systems
- Supervise the creation and maintenance of detailed game system documentation
- Set quality-bar through hands-on ownership of open world content from conception to the final stages of polish.
- Review, tweak and balance gameplay to deliver a GOTY AAA quality experience
- Define and allocate tasks to the design team, including accurately assessing the time required to complete each task
- Troubleshoot design issues from a creative standpoint
- Manage the output and development of a team of game designers
- Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (3C, game ingredients, game systems, game modes, enemy designs, AI behaviours, etc.).
- Create an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas.
- At least two shipped title in a Senior or Leadership design role (from pre-production to release)
- Experience with modern AAA open world games and their sandbox systems and mechanics
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proactive, supportive attitude and you are flexible
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.