What we need:
Smilegate Barcelona is looking for a Lead QA to join a team of highly skilled coders.
We are looking for an individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to operate at high and low levels - capable of hands-on work as well as leader and mentor to your team.
- A strong understanding of how to support all departments and high technical teams.
- Strategic thinker: Proven ability to create data focused test strategies and tools utilizing metrics
- A deep desire to build up a world-class international QA team.
What the role involves:
- Hire, lead and coach a QA team focused on automation.
- Own the QA process to deliver AAA quality games.
- Plan and execute with automation engineers tools to optimize the pipelines to minimize manual testing.
- Create, track, and manage metrics that have an impact on team and product quality.
- Identify, evaluate, manage and communicate risks to the team.
- Monitor and prioritize the defect database.
- Design and execute test plans focused on automation.
- Playtest and give feedback on content being developed.
- Provide meaningful direction to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 session and 360 feedback.
- Be on top of the personal development goals of your team, making sure there is always a healthy environment that fosters learning.
- Excellent track record - credited on at least 2 shipped AAA games.
- Working experience in a modern console environment.
- Working experience in Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment.
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, automation, and tools.
- Ability to lead and delegate as required.
- Thrive in a collaborative, iterative development environment.
- Quality advocate.
YOUR LIFE AT SMILEGATE BARCELONA (and PERKS)
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to New Year (the office is closed from 24th December to 2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of 22@ (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15 min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
Are you ready to join our Smile-family? We are already excited to have you!
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.