Contis - a Solaris group company - provides Europe's leading Banking-as-a-Service platform. We enable other businesses to offer their own financial services both rapidly and compliantly in the EEA and UK. Via APIs, our partners can integrate modular financial services directly into their own product offering. Our services cover fiat and crypto assets, lending as well as payments, card issuing and processing. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 700+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth.
As a Infrastructure Engineer, you will be working in Cloud Platform Engineering and hence your contribution will be crucial in keeping our systems up and running. You will be tasked with building a thoroughly automated foundation for the high quality services we provide to our partners. You will set up our systems for scale, internationalization and operation 24/7/365 - at 99.999% availability around the globe. On top of that, you'll be extending the necessary tooling for monitoring and debugging within our whole cloud- and systems-infrastructure.
- Drive the migration of our Platform from on-premise through hybrid to 100% cloud adoption
- Build a 1st class infrastructure that allows us to hit the Five Nines
- Implement scripts and tooling to improve resilience and automate operations
- Champion reliability best practices
- Drive usage of tools and common components
- Create designs and processes with an eye towards resilience and low toil
- Keep both technical complexity and sprawl as low as possible
- Incident & Emergency Response
- Create overall standards for monitoring and alerting, partwise in collaboration with the SRE Team
- Provide the basics for the central automation systems which we use for even more things than just to build, test and deploy
What you should bring along
- You have proven experience in systems engineering
- You have a vast experience in Docker and AWS
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles and you know how to apply them
- If you look at a systems architecture you know where to to search for bottlenecks
- You have a sound understanding of best practices that make services and infrastructures resilient and scalable
- You are a proactive peer and help the people around you to grow and learn from your experience
- You are a curious, constant learner and share your knowledge in a likable way
- You know how to keep a work-life balance
- You communicate well in written and verbal English
- You have a professional cloud certification, such as a AWS
- You've already went through a cloud migration
- You can translate tech topics to a business audience
Why Work at Contis?
- We seek out and hire only exceptional talent, and therefore recognise that each individual brings value and contribution which has made us who we are today.
- We have a tech stack to be proud of and a working environment framed by our Contis values and behaviours.
- We are passionate people who share a common vision, can think big, and thrive on delivering results.
- We value diversity of thought and expect that you bring all of you to work; your passion, creativity and ideas on how we can be the best in the space that we operate in.
- In return we will help you to be the very best that you can, we will support with development, give you opportunities to get involved in key projects and offer exposure to challenges that you may not get in a larger organisation.
The benefits on offer
- 5 days a week
- 18 days annual Leave
- Birthday Policy
- No Sandwich Leave Policy
- Relocation Benefit
Contis is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and builds an inclusive environment for its employees and customers. We consider all applicants for employment regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.