Solarisbank AG is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Exciting new market entry as part of our growth plans
As we enter a new stage in our organization’s growth, we are in a process of opening our very first Tech Hub outside of Germany. As a Tech company, we see a compatibility in building our next tech home in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are very excited to build a significant presence in the overall Ukraine tech and scale up scene!
As a subsidiary of Solarisbank AG in Ukraine, SolarisTech Ukraine shares the same goals and values as our parent company. We are running to change the world of finance around us. We have a strong team of 50+ employees who share a common drive to develop a better product. We have the same perks as most Ukrainian IT/RD companies, but the difference is in the way we do our work. Work-life balance is not just an empty word. We never deploy on Fridays, and we respect everyone's opinion. We try to keep things running smoothly within the company so that no one feels the "admin" pressure. We are a remote-first company and you can work from anywhere in Ukraine!
For further questions on the recruiting information and stages, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our talent team on email@example.com.
About Your Future Team
You will work in the Digital Banking business unit, which owns the management of digital banking accounts and money transactions between them. The mission is to bootstrap our initial team that establishes Java in our tech stack as a green field approach. As such, you will heavily influence and create the architectural direction of our Java stack and put in place a modern, pragmatic and state of the art usage of Java for high performance applications.
Depending on your level of experience, your responsibilities and scope of role will range. We don’t care much about fancy titles, but rather about real personal and professional development. Let’s figure together out how you can contribute to our team.
As a Java Engineer you will:
- Ensure on-time delivery of new API endpoints
- Maintain and evolve existing API functionalities
- Deliver quality code in an efficient manner
- Take end-to-end ownership of our fleet of microservices
- Contribute to our infrastructure and automation tools
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, agile coaches and product owners
- Mentor teammates with less experience than you
What You Should Bring Along
- You have proven multi-year experience with Java or other JVM languages, e.g. Scala, Kotlin
- You have profound experience with AWS and with infrastructure as code.
- You understand and live agile workflows and lean principles
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team
- You are a curious, constant learner and share your learnings with others
- You know how to keep a work-life balance
- You communicate well in written and verbal English
- You can work with infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform and Concourse
- You can translate tech topics to a business audience
What We Offer
- We are a Remote-First company: our office is in Kyiv, but you can work from anywhere in Ukraine
- Home office budget
- Health and development budget
- Transparent framework to support your career goals
- Competitive salary
While job ads usually paint an ideal picture of a candidate, studies show that most applicants meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Unfortunately, many promising candidates tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single item in the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk with you and find out if you might be a good fit for us.
At SolarisTech UA, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: SolarisTech UA does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solarisbank’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. SolarisTech UA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.