Solarisbank AG is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Exciting new market entry as part of our growth plans
As we enter a new stage in our organization’s growth, we are in a process of opening our very first Tech Hub outside of Germany. As a Tech company, we see a compatibility in building our next tech home in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are very excited to build a significant presence in the overall Ukraine tech and scale up scene!
As a subsidiary of Solarisbank AG in Ukraine, SolarisTech Ukraine shares the same goals and values as our parent company. We are running to change the world of finance around us. We have a strong team of 50+ employees who share a common drive to develop a better product. We have the same perks as most Ukrainian IT/RD companies, but the difference is in the way we do our work. Work-life balance is not just an empty word. We never deploy on Fridays, and we respect everyone's opinion. We try to keep things running smoothly within the company so that no one feels the "admin" pressure. We are a remote-first company and you can work from anywhere in Ukraine!
For further questions on the recruiting information and stages, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our talent team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Your Future Team
You will be working as a Principal Data Engineer in our Data Platform Team working closely with experts in data engineering, data warehousing and analytics. Our main goal is to ensure the data availability for internal and external processes and to deliver exceptional analyses to ensure excellent business decision-making. We work closely together with our five cross-functional business units as well as our internal functional teams. Your main contributions would be to ensure we have a state-of-the-art tech platform on which the team can deliver the reports and insights needed by our product and functional teams.
As a principal engineer you will be responsible for architecture data related project and services in the data platform team. Architecture that you provide must be scalable and bulletproof in sense of data ingestions and data flows. You will lead the implementation of the architecture you provide by examples and by mentoring engineers in the team. You make technical decisions and deliver it from idea to production.
As a Principal Data Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, and operate the tools and infrastructure that we need to work with data, all the way from data ingestion to visualization of results
- Take end-to-end ownership of our tools and services Automate repetitive tasks into code that can be reused
- Deliver quality code in an efficient manner Document code and processes
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, agile coaches and product owners
What You Should Bring Along
- You have solid experience with AWS Cloud services (e.g., Athena, ECS, IAM, etc.)
- You have solid experience with Python
- You have experience working with Terraform (or passion about learning it)
- You are mentoring technical decisions to your team
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team
- You are comfortable writing high-quality software
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles
- You strive for simplicity, reliability and pragmatism
- You write documentation to capture project evaluation
- You communicate well in written and verbal English
- You are familiar with DWH solutions (Redshift, Snowflake)
- You can (or have passion to) develop and maintain projects in different programming languages
- You are familiar with orchestration tools such as Airflow and data serialization formats such as Avro and Parquet
What We Offer
- We are a Remote-First company: our office is in Kyiv, but you can work from anywhere in Ukraine
- Home office budget
- Health and development budget
- Transparent framework to support your career goals
- Competitive salary
While job ads usually paint an ideal picture of a candidate, studies show that most applicants meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Unfortunately, many promising candidates tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single item in the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk with you and find out if you might be a good fit for us.
At SolarisTech UA, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: SolarisTech UA does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solarisbank’ employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. SolarisTech UA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.