Sorare is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team. You should be excited to join a growing start up where you'll work on a cutting edge product. You should have a strong understanding of backend development, with the interest to develop and implement your own features. This role is working on a live, in production game, therefore the work that you do impacts our players directly, so having a sensibility for the user is important. You’ll be working closely within a team of developers, reporting into the Head of Engineering. All of our team members have a say in the shape of the product, you will attend weekly meetings to help define the roadmap and priorities and then work towards building our unique and category leading game.
You don’t have to like sports, games or crypto to work here. What we look for is people who like to get things done, work in a growing company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and want to learn and develop.
- Drive complicated projects from inception to completion
- Care deeply about security, performance, and maintainability
- Work with product and design to implement core features for our players
- Build new tools and systems to scale our infrastructure
- Technologies we currently use:
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Solidity, Starkware
- Languages: Ruby, Go, Typescript
- Frameworks: Rails, React, GraphQL
- Services: Algolia, PostgreSQL
- Platforms: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- You have hands-on knowledge of backend development
- Independent and highly motivated: You are able to conduct by yourself with an eye towards quality
- Eager to learn: You are not afraid by new technologies or new paradigms
- Attentive to details: From front to back, you strive for the best quality
- Excited to work on a growing team, solving complex issues
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as laptop, monitor, etc.
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.