At Sorare we’re uniting sports fans across the globe through an experience that allows any of them to become a team owner. We have the best portfolio of partners in the world of gaming (NBA, MLB, Premier League, etc.) and a passionate community of 3M+ in 180 countries.
A few months ago we launched our NBA and MLB products and our key objective for the year is to crack the US market. We’re looking for a General Manager to lead our brand new US Sports and expand these lines of business. As the General Manager, you’ll own the P&L, define and prioritize product and growth roadmaps, directly manage Product Management, Live Operations and Game Economy, and be supported by fully dedicated resources from central functions including Engineering, Design and Marketing.
The GM is responsible and accountable for defining and executing the strategy, operations, product vision and roadmap. The GM and the team will wake up each day, thinking about growing and improving the US Sports experience and delighting the community.
- Vision and strategy: Own our US Sports strategy and bring it to life. With your cross-functional team, execute on the ground deliverables to deliver near and long-term growth. The GM will need to quickly gain a deep understanding of Sorare’s platform, model, partnerships, community, and usage in order to lead and execute. The GM should act as CEO for their business and drive the product vision and roadmap end to end
- Team building: Build and scale a cross-functional team to support rapid growth. Direct management of product, live operations, and game economy. Cross-functional management of dedicated engineers, designers, content creators, marketers, analysts, and more. This candidate should be great at working across various teams to drive outcomes
- Team work: The GM is also responsible for leading our US Sports across the broader Sorare company. This means working closely with the other Sorare General Manager (Soccer) and our Platform team (owning shared services). This requires a strong ability to lead, communicate, organize, and work as a team
- Proven experience and success leading high-growth consumer products. Experience managing a direct business and revenue line
- Proven experience and success driving world-class product experience. Must have a track record of managing product releases, definitions, and roadmaps and must have deep appreciation and understanding of product experience and consumer behaviors
- Clear, proven ability to lead, recruit, manage and scale world-class, cross-functional teams
- Must be high energy and excited about fast-paced culture and delivery
- Must be a builder. The products are a few months old and we’re still getting from 0 to 1
- Must be mission-oriented and passionate about Sorare, the sport, and our remarkable community of players
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Sorare ranges from $225,000 - $300,000, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Sorare offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, vision, dental, parental leave, an unlimited vacation policy, 401(k) plan, fitness reimbursements, commuter benefits and contribution to lunch expenses!
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as laptop, monitor, etc.
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.