Who We Are
Spread Group is a renowned global provider of customized apparel and lifestyle products, distinguished by our commitment to made-to-order technology. Our core business model revolves around producing precisely what our customers desire, precisely when they desire it. As pioneers in this space, we combine sustainability with on-demand personalization, enabling individuals and businesses to express their unique identities through bespoke creations. Join us to be part of a global leader in the exciting world of personalized apparel and lifestyle products. Spread Group is revolutionizing the way we connect sustainability with cutting-edge customization, offering our customers and partners an unparalleled experience in the fashion industry.
As we continue to expand our horizons, we are seeking a talented and driven individual to join our dynamic team as the UX/UI Lead Designer (f/m/d) and drive innovation forward. The role is full-time and offers the flexibility to work on-site at our Leipzig headquarters or remotely within Germany.
What Will Your Role Be
Our global flagship consumer brand Spreadshirt is planning to completely reimagine our digital experience and drive the future of made-to-order fashion and lifestyle e-commerce. We’re looking for a visionary UX/UI Design Lead (f/m/d) who can empower our teams to take Spreadshirt’s customer experience to a whole new level. This role would give you the important responsibility of translating high-level ideas into world-class digital products that delight our customers. You will find yourself at the intersection of desirability, feasibility, and viability, aligning UX/UI strategies with our customers’ goals and business goals. As an inspirational source of ideas, you are the driving force behind innovative experiences, collaborating closely with Product Owners, UX/UI Designers, Engineers, User Researchers, Web Analysts and commercial teams.
What You´ll Do
- You take on professional responsibility and supervise your colleagues. You are a mentor for the team and a source of inspiration for the further development of our products, features, services and content
- You are jointly responsible for the company-wide communication of a Design Thinking mindset. You contribute to establishing a human-centred approach and thus significantly increase the UX|UI Maturity of the company
- You support the Director UX|UI in developing UX|UI vision and roadmaps in the team and the company. You proactively take over the development of the UX|UI strategy for more significant initiatives and support the Business Directors and Product Owners in an advisory capacity
- You are professionally positioned as a UX/UI generalist; aesthetics and usability go hand in hand, as you always have the well-being of the users in mind
- You lead cross-functional design sessions and coach others on how to apply user-centred design principles to create exceptional customer experiences
- You are passionate about translating complex contexts into user-centred, aesthetic UX|UI concepts. You apply design thinking frameworks & UX metrics to the Development Process Cycle
- You conduct user needs assessments, identify key tasks for user research, contribute to competitive analyses and create usability test plans together with our researchers
- You conceptualize design and test digital products. You work data-based and human-centred by validating qualitative and quantitative hypotheses with common methods
- You are passionate about excellent design and can make a case for your internal and external design decisions. You are adept at building and using pattern Libraries and multi-brand design systems
What You´ll Bring
- You have completed a bachelor or master’s degree in communication design, user experience or interaction design
- You bring at least five years of practical UX/UI experience – ideally with proven eCommerce expertise
- You have experience in providing professional guidance to colleagues and leading a team
- You have excellent UX/UI-related design skills
- You have developed a visionary product concept and seen it through to implementation in an agile environment
- You have proven experience of coupling a customer-centric mindset with business goals
- You are a strong communicator with excellent English, and you are able to energize your audience with effective storytelling skills to get your ideas across
- You have a Can-do growth attitude: you’re unwaveringly resilient, thrive in ambiguity, and love seemingly impossible challenges
- You have outstanding empathy and ability to put yourself into users’ shoes, coupled with a deep understanding of users’ behaviors and underlying psychological processes
- You relentlessly pursue perfection, working in an iterative and agile development environment
- You ideally have experience in B2C-e-commerce or online retailing
Why Should You Join Us
- Flexibility & Trust: Enjoy flexible working hours and remote work options within Germany, all based on mutual trust, ensuring a healthy work-life balance that suits your needs.
- Time to Recharge: Take advantage of a generous 30 days of holiday, and relish family-friendly working policies that cherish your precious moments with loved ones.
- Transparency & Growth: Attend regular General Assemblies (GAs) to be part of our vision, knowing you contribute to a bright future. Benefit from our in-depth onboarding program and visit production sites in the Czech Republic to deepen your understanding of our operations.
- Learn & Excel: Elevate your skills with German and English language courses, interdisciplinary workshops, and training, empowering your professional growth.
- Perks That Delight: Enjoy the convenience of using our company car, and revel in a remarkable 50% discount on all our products, along with exclusive access to irresistible discount campaigns.
- Inspiring Spaces: Work in modern offices designed to inspire creativity, boasting a rooftop terrace and cozy kitchens for breaks and after-work events.
- Celebrate Success: Join our lively company events, from invigorating hiking days to unforgettable summer and Christmas parties. Relish Fridays with refreshing drinks, making every moment memorable.
- Be You & Belong: Embrace a warm and inclusive atmosphere where authenticity is celebrated, with no dress code to limit your self-expression. Bring your four-legged friends along for an uplifting work environment.
- Discover Spreadster Life: Connect with team members through our unique "Meet-a-Spreadster" program, gaining insights into our diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity at Spread Group. We are proud of and continue to encourage the increasing diversity of our company culture and community. Your skills, talents, and experience are our focus no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or disability status.
You can find our data protection information for applicants here / Unsere Datenschutzhinweise für Bewerber findest Du hier: https://www.spreadgroup.com/data-protection-applicants/