Sweep is hiring a Senior Fullstack Engineer, to work on our enterprise climate programme software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
As part of the engineering team, you will work on building our SaaS tool that allows companies to measure and track their greenhouse gas emissions, set reduction goals and report on progress towards a cleaner future. You will also work on the Sweep marketplace that allows companies to make contributions to cutting edge climate solutions.
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Develop and own features of the core product 🌱
- Participate in every stage of the development life-cycle from design to implementation, testing, rollout and making everything run smoothly in production
- Contribute to our technical architecture as we grow
- Implement end-to-end features from data models to back-end development and UI development
- Identify technical problems and develop software updates and fixes
2. Be a team citizen 👫
- Participate actively in the team meetings (standup, planning, etc)
- Review and comment pull requests and code changes
- Lead technical design of significant features
- Raise the bar for technical standards, performance, reliability, and operational excellence
3. Maintain and operate our infrastructure ⚙️
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
4. Pursue quality 🔍
- Be a quality gatekeeper
- Improve processes and methodology to reach highest standards of quality
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. Some more details on who we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software developer in either frontend or backend development
- Deep knowledge of high level programming language like Ruby, Scala, JS
- Can demonstrate that your work had significant impact on product
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities
- Experience as a technical leader of a team
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You value qualitative software and clean code
- You bring all-round communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- You are a team player and aim for velocity
- You care about our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that wants to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to grow with us, own your role, and really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across Europe and beyond. We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard and enjoy ourselves while doing so. We believe in creating a calm environment that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we’re an “Entreprise à Mission” and a Certified B Corp.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.