Sweep is hiring a Web designer, ideally based in London, tasked to bring Sweep to life across all our digital channels, whether it’s our website, a campaign microsite, a display ad or social post.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
I’m intrigued. What would I be doing?
You will have a key role in developing the Sweep digital communications, making sure we’re seen far and wide, and always look our best.
You will be deep in the details of storytelling and pixels, helping us set the new standard for SaaS marketing websites and online content, in close partnership with our in-house dev team.
And at the same time you will think systems and scalability too, helping us build out component libraries and help architect infrastructure pages that will help our marketing and sales teams spin up content and campaigns quickly and flexibly.
You’re here to help us show the world that the combination of saving the planet and managing change in large corporations can actually be really exciting and good-looking, too.
Nice. Can you be a bit more specific please?
In your day to day, you will...
1. Design for a better world 🎨
- Create best-in-class, immersive web content, from ideation to production testing, that inspires with clarity, simplicity and a pinch of charm.
- Work across a wide range of channels and assets, whether it’s our main website, microsites, blog images, display ads or social media assets.
- Collaborate closely with our marketing and sales teams to ensure our designs create leads, impressions and clicks.
2. Help our brand scale 🚨
- Build and maintain the Sweep web design system, in close collaboration with the developers and our product design team (we want all our assets to feel like one, and the journey from marketing site to app feel seamless).
- Always think in systems and templates, and how something can be reused or repurposed, as we scale our teams and our offerings.
- Think outside of the box, and help us punch way above our weight as a startup, seeing time and budget restraints as a creative driver rather than a hurdle.
3. Become a design and climate advocate 🎙
- Present to your stakeholders, defend design decisions, and incorporate feedback - firmly establishing design as a core discipline at Sweep
- Develop a deep understanding of climate change, and how better corporate practices and innovative climate solutions will make all the difference.
- Represent our mission externally, through active exchange with the industry, to help build Sweep’s network and thought leadership credentials.
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Good you asked. This is who we’re looking for :
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in web design
- A portfolio of successfully designed and implemented websites
- Involvement in designing for SaaS marketing and conversion is a clear plus
- Experience working on designs for a wide variety of applications and channels
- A diverse portfolio that shows your knack for tackling all sorts of tasks, small to big, and refined to raunchy (just a little!)
- A sense for outstanding design and refined typography, somewhere on a scale from Swiss to Modernist via Emoji
- An intuitive understanding of good, clean design
- A knack for simple, visual storytelling
- An empathetic team player that is great at building lasting relationships
- A strategic thinker, who sees both the big picture and the smaller underlying mechanics
- A hands-on problem solver, self-motivated with a glass half-full attitude
- An entrepreneurial mind, ready to launch and fail and iterate
- Attuned to remote collaboration, using digital tools and meticulously documenting work
- A desire and ambition to grow, mentor and support other staff on the team
Ok, sounds fun. What’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that wants to change the world.
With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to grow with us, own your role, and really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across Europe and beyond. We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard and enjoy ourselves while doing so. We believe in creating a calm environment that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we’re an “Entreprise à Mission” and a Certified B Corp.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.
Now, what are you waiting for? 😀
To apply, please submit your CV and a portfolio with past work. Make sure it shows range. Please also provide details of your role on the projects.