Who are we?
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 120 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator.
Not sure what we’re talking about? Check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that even our grandparents *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about.
And yet we are just laying the groundwork for a whole new kind of media here. Imagine joining Uber, Airbnb or Stripe when these companies were just getting started.
That's how early we are – but enough about us now.
Right now, we’re hiring a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager for our Editor team. The Editor experience is at the core of our product and built on the ambition to give video creation super powers to everyone. You'll shape the product and strategy for our Editor, and play a key role in a humble and driven product team of Engineers and Product Designers.
You can continue to read or let Alex here tell you the summary. And yes, this video was made with the exact same editor you’d be working on:
As a Product Manager or Senior PM at Synthesia, you’ll:
- Lead product direction and product strategy for our Editor product team.
- Partner with our Head of Product, VP of Product & Engineering, other PMs, our Engineering Leads, and Product Designers to build consensus and ensure we continue building a cohesive product.
- Leverage customer and user feedback from our Customer Advisory Board, G2 reviews, NPS, and user interviews to shape product development.
- Prioritise the Editor team’s work so we continue to drive revenue growth while meeting our users needs. Operate in an environment that is predominantly asynchronous. Notion & Slack are where we primarily communicate. You will find fewer meetings here than most companies.
- Tackle complex and novel problems while building a category-defining product and inventing the future of synthetic media.
- Build for everyone. We aim to put new creative powers in the hands of all our users. We’re not building a specialist tool, but a generalist one that will sit next to word processors, presentation software, and spreadsheet applications as staple used by many.
What you will be working on:
The Editor is the experience at the core of our product so there’s going to be tough challenges for a Product Manager or Senior Pm in this area to overcome.
We’re moving away from the prevailing UX paradigm that video creation is built around the timeline. You’ll be tasked with redesigning the video creation process around the script. We’re beginning to realize a semantic timeline that reduces the complexity of working through time. Your role will be to build on this vision and take this to the next level.
It’s also clear that LLMs will change the paradigm of human-computer interaction. Another aspect of your role will be to bring this seismic shift to life in our Editor.
You should apply if you bring:
- 5+ years of experience product managing world-class or market-leading SaaS or B2C products.
- Strong product opinions and taste. We’re looking for you to bring the confidence to propose solutions based on your intuition and experience.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and bridge business goals with product and technical considerations.
- Ability to take ownership of the end-to-end idea to product process and work as a self-directed member of the product development team.
- Strong UX focus and understanding of human behaviour.
- Proven track record of shipping impactful products.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
PMs who bring the following will stand out:
- Experience with a video editing product or creative tools.
- Design skills.
- Experience prototyping in code.
At Synthesia we expect everyone to:
- Be an owner.
- Focus on outcomes over Inputs and Plans.
- Make the journey fun
- Default to simple.
You can read more about this in this public Notion page: https://synthesia.notion.site/How-we-work-at-Synthesia-f794caa72f8446efb6be22b551ce0fa2
You can expect in return...
💸 A competitive salary + stock options in our fast growing Series B start-up.
📍 A remote-first environment. You’ll also have the options to work from one of our offices in London, Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Munich if you choose. We start our day at 8am-10am GMT+1.
🏝 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based.
🥳 Regular socials and company retreats.
🤩 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000 USD.
👉 A generous referral scheme.
💻 A brand new computer of your choice and the equipment you need to get your work done (if that still counts as a benefit in 2023 🤔)
🚀 A huge opportunity for career growth as you’ll help shape a market-defining product.
+ Other country-specific benefits based on the country you are hired in.
Synthesia is fully committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Our ambition is to have an environment that is equitable, diverse and inclusive for all our employees now and in the future.
We believe that everyone at Synthesia is equally important, that we should celebrate diversity and the value it brings, and that everyone should feel they belong. We want to be a business that champions equality and an inclusive culture; where there are no barriers to colleagues realising their potential; and where every individual feels valued, respected and accepted.