Tabby makes shopping more rewarding by empowering people with the flexibility and freedom to get what they want. Tabby lets you shop now, pay later and earn cash – without the interest, fees or debt traps. Over +3,000 retailers online and in-store and +1,000,000 loyal shoppers including the likes of IKEA, SHEIN, and Marks & Spencer use Tabby to accelerate growth by offering easy and flexible payments online and in stores. Tabby is the Middle East’s first and largest buy now, pay later provider and has raised +$180m in funding from global and regional investors.
Tabby creates financial products designed to inspire and create financial freedom. In a few years, retail checkout will look vastly different and we want you to be part of that change.
About the role
UX Writing falls under the discipline of Design. Here at Tabby we aspire to take a leading role in defining and advising on our story, content and ultimately delivery of the experiences we ship to our customers. Our UX Writer will help shape the product experiences by crafting copy and content that helps users complete the task at hand.
As a UX Writer, you’ll regularly use craft, empathy, logic, and data to inform writing and design choices. You’ll drive guidelines, create frameworks, design solutions, influence product vision, manage cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals. You’ll apply user-centred design methods to all elements of product design, with a focus on clarity, coherence, quality, accessibility, and global relevance. You’ll partner with teams to concept, test, design, and deliver human-centred user experiences and build products that people love.
📍This role is open to anyone based in Dubai, Riyadh or within a relatively close timezone of these regions who can be based remotely.
You’ll be working in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment with the following responsibilities:
- User writing and editing skills to write user interface text that facilitates user navigation, as well onboarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience
- Drive vision for product language and content across a product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback
- Manage multiple projects at once, providing concepts, content strategy and writing from early prototyping through final execution
- Participate in user research and use new insights to iterate on a copy that resonates with user needs and delivers delight
- Help with developing extended content such as release notes, internal blogs, product documentation, etc
You should apply if you have:
- A native Arabic speaker with fluent English too. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In possession of 3+ years of direct experience in user-focused product writing
- Experienced in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects
- Holding a portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines
- Experienced in financing products
What you can expect
- A competitive salary dependent upon your experience
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- A working environment that gives you autonomy and responsibility from day one
- You should be comfortable with the idea that the quality of your work will influence the shape of your career
- Flexible vacation policy
We are passionate about creating an equitable, high-performing workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you 😊