Tabby makes shopping more rewarding by empowering people with the flexibility and freedom to get what they want. Tabby lets you shop now, pay later and earn cash – without the interest, fees or debt traps. Over +3,000 retailers online and in-store and +1,000,000 loyal shoppers including the likes of IKEA, SHEIN, and Marks & Spencer use Tabby to accelerate growth by offering easy and flexible payments online and in stores. Tabby is the Middle East’s first and largest buy now, pay later provider and has raised +$180m in funding from global and regional investors.
Tabby creates financial products designed to inspire and create financial freedom. In a few years, retail checkout will look vastly different and we want you to be part of that change.
About the role
We are looking for a Marketing Intern to work within our marketing team to help shape how we look, move, feel and maybe even smell.
You’ll be working in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment with the following responsibilities:
- Write, write, write ✍️ We need to produce social posts, newsletters, case studies, language for landing pages, resources for merchants, tutorials, the occasional meme and so much more. You'll be supporting us to build this engine.
- Creating something out of nothing. Tabby is very visual and best learned by seeing it in action or in the context of our retail partner brands. You'll be developing ways to communicate Tabby's product visually, create assets yourself, and work with designers & agencies to bring visions to life.
- Packaging content for distribution across social media, email, our website, video, press and more. Figuring out how to re-market content to motivate, educate, and engage with more people.
- Publishing, organising and merchandising merchants on Tabby's shop directory.
- Coordinating with internal teams to execute marketing plans for local partner retailers, including email, apps, socials, and other owned marketing channels.
- Collaborating to keep our website up to date and relevant for seasonal activities (Mother's Day, Ramadan Sales, etc.)
You should apply if:
- You love to write in English and Arabic. Like really love it. You're happiest when you're insulated from meetings and processes so you can focus on producing high-quality work.
- Playing with language that thrills you. You find delightful in writing challenges that call for clarity, depth and personality.
- You understand the value of visual storytelling and have the ability or interest to work with designers and create graphics, videos, gifs, screenshots, etc. to complement your writing.
- You stay up with the trends. You know how fast social can move. You know what's in and what's not. Channels rise and fall. Memes come and go. We want our content to feel classic but current.
- You are passionate about fintech or fashion/retail. Bonus points for both.
The application process consists of an interview with the Co-Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing, and a presentation of a case study.
What you can expect
- A competitive salary dependent upon your experience
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- A working environment that gives you autonomy and responsibility from day one
- You should be comfortable with the idea that the quality of your work will influence the shape of your career
- Flexible vacation policy
We are passionate about creating an equitable, high-performing workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you 😊