Tabby makes shopping more rewarding by empowering people with the flexibility and freedom to get what they want. Tabby lets you shop now, pay later and earn cash – without the interest, fees or debt traps. Over +3,000 retailers online and in-store and +1,000,000 loyal shoppers including the likes of IKEA, SHEIN, and Marks & Spencer use Tabby to accelerate growth by offering easy and flexible payments online and in stores. Tabby is the Middle East’s first and largest buy now, pay later provider and has raised +$180m in funding from global and regional investors.
Tabby creates financial products designed to inspire and create financial freedom. In a few years, retail checkout will look vastly different and we want you to be part of that change.
As a Data Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in building the architecture of a data processing platform, integrating the latest trends and technologies, defining a technology stack, and conducting research.
Stack: Python, SQL, Airflow, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Docker, GitLab (CI/CD), GCP.
About the role
You’ll be working in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment with the following responsibilities:
- Building a full-fledged DWH (we are building a large data platform);
- Setting up data replication from various sources to the main storage of the company;
- Development and optimization of data pipelines (EL, ETL, ELT), automation of analytical processes;
- Assisting analysts in developing data marts;
- Development of a culture of working with data in conjunction with the teams of analysts and DS;
- Help DS in terms of MLOps, participation in the code review process.
What we expect
- 2 years' experience in a similar position;
- You have strong knowledge of Python3, good knowledge of SQL;
- Know how to build REST API;
- You can write data loading processes (ETL) both in pure Python and using orchestrators (Airflow, Luigi);
- Understand different approaches to work with data quality.
As a plus
- You are familiar with modern data storage systems: Relational, MPP, NoSQL;
- Have knowledge of Data Science;
- Experienced in using Google Cloud Platform.
What you can expect
- A competitive salary dependent upon your experience
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- A working environment that gives you autonomy and responsibility from day one
- You should be comfortable with the idea that the quality of your work will influence the shape of your career
- Flexible vacation policy
We are passionate about creating an equitable, high-performing workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you 😊