Tabby makes shopping more rewarding by empowering people with the flexibility and freedom to get what they want. Tabby lets you shop now, pay later and earn cash – without the interest, fees or debt traps. Over +3,000 retailers online and in-store and +1,000,000 loyal shoppers including the likes of IKEA, SHEIN, and Marks & Spencer use Tabby to accelerate growth by offering easy and flexible payments online and in stores. Tabby is the Middle East’s first and largest buy now, pay later provider and has raised +$180m in funding from global and regional investors.
Tabby creates financial products designed to inspire and create financial freedom. In a few years, retail checkout will look vastly different and we want you to be part of that change.
We are looking for a Lead Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Maintain an effective involvement and understanding of the business in order to contribute to key business decisions within the entity through financial advice and expertise.
- Lead the annual budgeting cycle and issuing P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow budgets
- Handling the monthly financial reporting cycle and issuing financial reports for the Board and Investor Relations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls, and ensure processes are continuously assessed for scalability and efficiency
- Lead to ensure that financial statements are compliant with applicable reporting standards (“IFRS”) and any regulatory / tax requirements
- Handle various external audit engagements (financial, tax, etc.) including coordinating with the external audit teams and internal Tabby teams to ensure that audit requirements are provided in a timely manner
- Lead and manage a team of accounting associates and ensure that financial statements, tax filings and any other reports are prepared and submitted within required deadlines
Please apply for this role if:
- You have 5 years’ relevant work experience in financial reporting and controllership
- You have a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- You have strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- You are excited to join a fast-paced and dynamic environment
What you can expect
- A competitive salary dependent upon your experience
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- A working environment that gives you autonomy and responsibility from day one
- You should be comfortable with the idea that the quality of your work will influence the shape of your career
- Flexible vacation policy
We are passionate about creating an equitable, high-performing workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you 😊