Tabby creates financial freedom in the way people shop, earn and save by reshaping their relationship with money. Over 2 million active users choose Tabby to stay in control of their spending and make the most out of their money.
Over 4,000 global brands and small businesses, including H&M, Adidas, IKEA, SHEIN, and Bloomingdale’s use Tabby’s technology to accelerate growth and gain loyal customers by offering flexible payments online and in stores. Tabby is active in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait, and has raised more than $275 million in funding from leading global and regional investors.
Tabby creates financial products designed to inspire and create financial freedom. In a few years, retail checkout will look vastly different and we want you to be part of that change.
About the role
As the Head of Design, you will play a key role in shaping and advancing the Tabby product line. You will ensure that Tabby's products are well received, intuitive, and polished. You will work on the UX strategy, envision complex ecosystems, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You will build, grow, and retain a high-performing team, guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across Tabby.
What you will do
- Build and manage a talented team of product designers, researchers and UX writers, that consistently delivers on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skill sets. Guide creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Deliver a UX strategy, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates that actualize the larger strategy over time. Make sure that design helps to achieve Tabby's business goal and the design strategy supports the overall company strategy.
- Use design to go beyond jobs-to-be-done to delight and bring in brand experiences.
- Lead with customer obsession, guide towards strong user experience and strategically leverage user research.
- Think across all layers of design from systems to interactions, balancing feasibility and compelling experiences. Improve the quality of overall design output by example and through definition of system design thinking for cross experiences within the platform.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in design and 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience leading and scaling product design teams.
- Vast experience in digital products: mobile and web applications.
- Experience in fast-paced and growing start-up environments, such as product companies, growing startups.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Bonus but no must: Experience working in fin-tech or e-commerce.
What you can expect
- A competitive salary dependent upon your experience
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- A working environment that gives you autonomy and responsibility from day one
- You should be comfortable with the idea that the quality of your work will influence the shape of your career
- Flexible vacation policy
We are passionate about creating an equitable, high-performing workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you 😊