🚀 What we do
We are a Munich-based startup building intelligent software for procurement. Tacto was founded by a motivated, tech-driven team and is backed by first class VCs and Germany's leading digital entrepreneurs.
In our company, we believe the next wave of technical progress will reshape the industrial world. Therefore, we aim to build sustainable supply chains in close collaboration with the backbone of Europe – industrial SMEs
Our priorities are:
🏭 Powering the industry that builds the world: We create a new wave of innovation by lifting Europe’s industrial SMEs with tens of millions of workers to the digital era
👩🏼🏭 Enabling effective business collaboration: We enable powerful collaboration among supplier networks as the basis for future economic growth
🌳 Saving resources in supply chains: We optimize the 50-80% of physical products' costs and emissions originating from suppliers to enhance sustainable growth
By now, our product manages hundreds of millions of € of material spend. Thereby, we help our customers to manufacture products from bread cutters to medical technology.
🙌🏼 How you can contribute
As one of the first team members in engineering, you will shape our design decisions and address some of the most difficult technical challenges to build cutting-edge software. This is a high impact role where you will be part of the core team, shape the product, and help us to deliver value to our customers.
- Design data models and setup a database that serves as a backbone for a B2B SaaS application
- Implement business logic
- Make implementation decisions in fast environment
- Quickly develop prototypes for feature tests
- Develop fundamental backend structures and APIs that serve multiple customers
- Write clean and maintainable code with sensible testing so that you would enjoy taking over from a colleague
- Do 1:1s, review code, leave the code base better than you found it, and help everyone in the team to become better
- Proactively communicate, document, and share your approach, progress, results, and challenges
- Spread an engineering culture of quality and innovation across the organization
🎓 Let's talk about you!
Now you may wonder what frameworks, tools, and languages you need to master. We believe that problem solving, creativity, and drive are more important than tools that can be picked up. However, the following references will give a guideline of what experiences we think might be helpful.
- You have developed a RESTful API with frameworks such as Django
- You have used object-oriented programming languages such as Python
- You know how to deploy applications to services such as Azure
- You designed a data model and know how to set up a database such as PostgreSQL
You might find the following information about the rest of our tech stack helpful to get the full picture, but experience with these technologies is not required. We use TypeScript with frameworks and libraries such as React, Redux, React Router, and Material UI in the frontend.
✍️ Why you should consider joining
- Timing: We have developed a value delivering product together with manufacturing companies. NOW we are ready to grow strongly, professionalize our structure, and couldn't be more excited about the journey ahead. Join now and shape our future organization!
- Top investors believe in us: We are supported by first class investors such as Cherry Ventures, Visionaries Club, UVC Partners as well as the founders of Personio, GetYourGuide & Forto. Join now and contribute to showing them they invested wisely!
- Team: We are an interdisciplinary and international (6 nations already) team that is highly motivated to succeed, but loves to laugh. Join now and grow personally, accelerated by our supportive culture.
Fill out the template below to apply.
In case of questions, contact Robert:
🌈 Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Tacto is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🎡 Culture and office
We are currently located at Werk1 in Munich. In summer 2022, we will move to our new office at Königsplatz. To build a culture that everyone identifies with, we operate an office-first policy. We are open to offer occasional work from home, but candidates should be prepared to work most days from the office.