Tamara is a growing Saudi financial technology startup permitted by SAMA, headquartered in Riyadh with offices in Dubai, Berlin and Ho Chi Minh. We provide Buy Now, Pay Later solutions to customers and merchants in the region. Our mission is to empower people to shop through an honest, transparent and inclusive financial solution.
Tamara also aims to tackle multiple core issues in the retail and service sectors that create friction in payments, low conversion rate and lower average order value offline and online.
We have ambitious plans and have already shown unique traction. Tamara is on the path to become the region's next unicorn!
About the role
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide white-glove technical and operational support to our strategic clients’ engineering, operations and support teams. This is a highly visible, external-facing role that works cross-functionally with program management, product management, engineering, and first-line support teams to deliver high quality support. Integration Associate will be subject matter expert in Tamara’s product and services, perform testing and verification of Integrations between client and Tamara, troubleshoot, diagnose and propose solutions to technical issues.
What you will do
- Become subject matter expert in company’s payments products and solutions
- Assist clients with their Integration to company’s APIs and systems, including answering product questions, testing and validating
- Integrations, and troubleshooting and solving issues
- Serve as a senior technical consultant for our merchants during their integration
- Drive relationships with external technical audiences within the merchant organization to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions
- Provide Tamara’s partners with guidance on business processes, workflow modifications, and reporting systems required to implement Tamara into their online and mobile platforms
- Provide technical support and guidance to the merchant partner during testing and pre-launch activities
- Act as main point of contact for the merchant partner for all implementation-related activities, eliminate friction as the project manager and
- identify/escalate/clear roadblocks when issues arise
- Ensure successful integration of new merchants and ensure go-live is within targeted time frame
- Use issue trackers and other tools to catalog, prioritize and track support requests from inception to solution
- Take ownership over support issues, ensuring they are worked on quickly, are solved correctly, and are handled within expected timeframes
- Experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Technical Operations Engineer,Technical Account Manager, Customer Success Associate/Manager, or similar role
- Experience working on or with payments products and services or e-commerce systems
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences in both English and Arabic
- Practical experience with REST and JSON and have a good understanding of API architecture
- Solid foundational understanding of computer systems, the internet, internet security, web applications, APIs, and mobile devices
- Can diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, apply critical thinking, inductive and deductive reasoning, and propose options and solutions to resolve problems
- Can read and understand application logs
- Experience using issue/incident management software such as JIRA, Zendesk, Salesforce, or Service Now
- Independent and thrive in a self-motivated, fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Has a strong bias for action and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Can create a sense of urgency for day-to-day priorities requiring immediate attention
- Can work efficiently with colleagues across time zones and different cross- functional teams
- Has a service-oriented attitude and a high degree of customer service