Tamara is a growing Saudi financial technology startup permitted by the Saudi Central Bank, headquartered in Riyadh with offices in Dubai and Berlin & Vietnam. We provide Buy Now, Pay Later solutions to customers and merchants in the region. Our mission is to empower people to shop through an honest, transparent and inclusive financial solution. Tamara also aims to tackle multiple core issues in the retail and service sectors that create friction in payments, low conversion rate and lower average order value offline and online. We have ambitious plans and have already shown unique traction. Tamara is on the path to become the region's next unicorn!
About the role
Tamara’s ambition is to become the region’s favourite way to pay for what we call life’s little essentials – a new way of purchasing designed for and around our customers’ interests. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire.
As a ScrumMaster, you play a critical role by creating hyper-performing teams through servant leadership. Embedded with our Compute teams, your focus will be to facilitate Scrum ceremonies, assess team practices and recommend improvements where needed. You hold our product owners accountable to maintaining a high-quality backlog and also maintain accountability with the development team to deliver against agreed upon sprint goals. You have strong problem-solving skills and technical understanding which enables you to help the team become more effective and successful.
What you will do
● Facilitate events such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog refinement and complement user stories with technical requirements
● Guide the development squad(s) and product team on how to use and apply agile/scrum development practices and values
● Remove impediments and guide the team on how to remove impediments.
● Work with peers (QA, Engineering, Product, Security, Architecture) across Product &
Technology to identify and drive improvements across the end-to-end delivery that help us deliver
quality faster with a strong culture
● Help to grow a healthy, constructive, respectful, productive, and fun culture
● Collaborate with Agile Practice Lead on digital wide improvements
● Be responsible for working with delivery functions to deliver business value more frequently to
● Support the Product Managers, especially on maintaining product backlog
What we are looking for
● Scrum Master certification
● 2+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role
● Familiarity with software development
● Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as the definition of done, user
stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
● Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
● Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
● Outstanding organizational skills
● Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Scrum) is a plus
● Degree in Computer Science, Business or a similar field is a plus