Tamara is a fast-growing Saudi financial technology startup permitted by the Saudi Central Bank, headquartered in Riyadh with offices in Dubai, Berlin & Vietnam. We provide Buy Now, Pay Later solutions to customers and merchants in the region. Our mission is to empower people to shop through an honest, transparent, and inclusive financial solution. Tamara also aims to tackle multiple core issues in the retail and service sectors that create friction in payments, low conversion rate and lower average order value offline and online. We have ambitious plans and have already shown unique traction. Tamara is on the path to become the region's next unicorn!
About the role
We are looking for a Compliance/ AML Officer to ensure that our operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal and internal rules. To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with risk management and our industry’s standards. If you also have a sharp business acumen, we’d like to meet you. Your goal will be to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
This role will report to the Compliance Director and is based in our headquarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
What you’ll do
- Help in drafting and executing the annual compliance plan (“annual plan”) that covers all the department’s activities.
- Review annually compliance and AML policies and procedures to ensure they are in compliance with latest regulatory updates.
- Examine and ensure that all written policies and procedures implemented in the Company are compliant with regulations, have governance, and reviewed/update plan as part of the annual plan.
- Identify, document and assess the compliance risks (systematic, reputation, strategy risks or others) associated with the business activities as part of the annual plan.
- Reviewing and approving all existing and new products to ensure adherence to statutory requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Monitoring and inspecting of Company divisions /units through Compliance testing to ensure compliance with regulations and requirements as part of the annual plan.
- Prepare a report of the findings/observations, and escalate in case of breeches.
- Set an action plan with the concerned department to resolve the breach and find a solution to prevent future violations.
- Verify merchants KYC as a second line of defense before granting an approval for onboarding and log all verified merchants for reporting purposes.
- Ensure that all consumer KYCs are obtained by conducting periodic sampling and reports of any shortcomings.
- Ensure that all merchants have been assigned the appropriate MCC code and risk level from an AML perspective (Jurisdiction, Products, channels, and Legal form of the company)
- Ensure that all transactions are monitored and all AML/fraud scenarios are in place and updated periodically.
- Review of marketing and promotional materials and share feedback with the Director of Compliance.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor Degree in Law or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years maximum 5 years in a similar field under SAMA.
- Fintech and payments related to experience is highly preferred.
- An in-depth knowledge of the regulatory landscape, including AML/CFT regulations and the ability to detect common fraud schemes using investigative techniques is a plus
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Customer oriented with strong negotiation skills
- Analytical and data driven problem solver
- Fluency in speaking and writing in both Arabic and English
- Must be Saudi national as per SAMA guidelines
What we offer you: -
- Flexible working, onsite as well as remote working opportunities
- Competitive salary based on market benchmarks, reviewed, and revised annually
- Happy Thursdays and coffee check-in with cross functional leaders and colleagues
- Mentorship program to develop
- 21 days of paid leave + public holiday
- Rewards and Recognition done annually
- Medical Insurance coverage