Tamara is the leading Buy Now, Pay Later provider in the MENA region. Our mission is to empower people to shop through an honest, transparent and inclusive financial solution. We provide a Buy Now, Pay Later solution for customers to pay with the ability to split their payments.
The company operates out of its HQ in Saudi Arabia and has offices across the UAE, Germany and Vietnam.
About the role
At Tamara, our DevOps team will work alongside other developers to design tools that assist in
the development of applications, but also allow development teams to deploy and run their
applications in production.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or
systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention
to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
What you will do
● Responsible for the operation, support, and security of production infrastructure
● Author automation tools to assist with deployments, logging, monitoring, and capacity
planning for on-premise and cloud-hosted environments
● Define and manage the development of all tools and processes needed to enable 24/7
problem monitoring and remediation
● Support various operational open source tools and frameworks as needed
● Responsible for disaster recovery planning and operation
● Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
● Work would require on-call support including nights and weekends as needed
What we are looking for
● You will have 3+ years of experience with DevOps or System Administration
● You believe in the enablement of autonomous teams by shared processes and modular
shared infrastructure as code
● Strong Cloud operations background preferred and proficiency with AWS and Oracle
● Good knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
● Experience with monitoring highly available systems
● Experience with automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or similar)
● Experience with Databases management such as MySQL, Postgres and NoSQL
● Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
● Fluent in English