Tamara is MENA’s leading payments innovator, focused on providing a seamless experience for merchants and customers through fair and transparent financial solutions. The company’s flagship Buy Now Pay Later platform lets shoppers split their payments online and in-store with no interest and no hidden fees. Tamara was founded in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in late 2020 and has since grown to more than 200 employees in offices around the world in KSA, UAE, Germany and Vietnam, and the company’s $110 million Series A round in 2021 - led by Checkout.com - broke records as the largest-ever in the Middle East. Tamara has over 3 million customers and more than 4,000 partner merchants including leading global and regional brands like IKEA, SHEIN, Adidas, Namshi and Jarir plus local SMEs.
What you’ll do
- Outbound prospecting via existing network, email and phone to generate new opportunities with the largest retailers in the region and Identify and Establish strategic partnerships across several verticals, sectors, and geographies
- Negotiate and close long term contracts that benefit both Tamara and its partners. Oversee the engagement from business case to negotiation and implementation and demonstrate control of opportunities through CRM
- Facilitate conversations with C level executives at major retailers and Build, maintain, and manage long-term professional relationships with current and prospective partners, expanding key stakeholder network within partner organizations
- Drive regular partner communications, conduct periodic business reviews and look for new opportunities to improve and grow our partner relationships
- Collaborate internally with relevant teams (product, technology, risk, finance, support) in order to meet partner expectations, performance objectives and resolve partner related issues and to create efficient processes, documentation, and sales enablement material
- Have a 1to1 weekly meetings with the partner success team to make sure that the partnerships are healthy and to predict and proactively solve any issues that might arise
- Own a pipeline of opportunities within a market/vertical and drive the sales cycle from prospecting to closing.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelors in a relevant discipline, and/ or equivalent and demonstrable experience 3-4 years in new business development, sales within SaaS companies will be preferred.
- Proven track record in developing new partnerships, relationship management and project management experience.
- Demonstrable ability in developing strong teams, encouraging professional growth through mentoring and coaching
- Experience of developing business proposals within a framework for viability, sustainability and strategic fit
- Ability to manage, hire and inspire teams
- Highly developed influencing, persuading and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal gravitas delivered through presentation, promotion and communication involving a wide range of audiences
- Resourceful, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Trustworthy and with high personal integrity
What we offer you
- Flexible working, onsite as well as remote working opportunities
- Competitive salary based on market benchmarks, reviewed, and revised annually
- Happy Thursdays and coffee check-in with cross functional leaders and colleagues
- Mentorship program to develop
- 25 days of paid leave + public holiday
- Rewards and Recognition done annually
- Medical Insurance coverage