Mid/Senior QA Engineer positions are available in Dubai and Berlin.
Tamara is MENA’s leading payments innovator, focused on providing a seamless experience for merchants and customers through fair and transparent financial solutions. The company’s flagship Buy Now Pay Later platform lets shoppers split their payments online and in-store with no interest and no hidden fees.
Tamara was founded in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in late 2020 and has since grown to more than 200 employees in offices around the world in KSA, UAE, Germany and Vietnam, and the company’s $110 million Series A round in 2021 - led by Checkout.com - broke records as the largest-ever in the Middle East. Tamara has over 3 million customers and more than 4,000 partner merchants including leading global and regional brands like IKEA, SHEIN, Adidas, Namshi and Jarir plus local SMEs.
About the role
Tamara’s engineering team is rapidly growing and we are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.
What you will do
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Work on both manual and automation testing of mobile applications (Android and iOS), Web and backend API’s
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using internal automation framework and system
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or Software Test Engineer with a bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Experience working with different frameworks like Detox, Selenium, CodeceptJS, Appium etc.
- Experience with Manual and Automation Testing (API, E2E, Mobile)
- Experience with MySQL and scripting
- Experience with DevOps, AWS is a plus
- Fluency in English and Arabic (is a plus)