Become part of Tanso and leverage your sustainability expertise for industrial emission reduction.
Join our team to take an active role in helping companies to decarbonize effectively and start your sustainability career in a fast-growing environment. Your main objective is to ensure compliance, consistency and scientific rigorousness in our calculation processes.
As our first LCA & Decarbonization Specialist, you help us build and continuously improve our measurement processes, together with our CPO, and our Climate Intelligence, Customer Success and Product Team. Your focus will be carrying out building and sharing expertise in carbon accounting and decarbonization and work interdisciplinary with Customer Success and Product to scale your knowledge.
How you succeed
Build and share expertise in carbon accounting and decarbonization
- Stay up to date with the newest developments on sustainability standards and regulations relevant for the industrial sector
- Derive requirements from sustainability standards, regulation, and frameworks (e.g. ISO, CSRD, EPDs, CBAM, SBTi)
- Provide digestible summaries and educate internally and externally (e.g. Tanso Handbook’s “Intro to carbon accounting”, newsletters, blog posts, webinars)
- Build network and influence relevant expert groups and forums (e.g. industry associations, policy groups, academic)
Provide assurance for customer’s carbon accounting
- Research specific customer questions and find answers for edge cases together with CS
- Build the internal knowledge database to scale CS capabilities
- Develop a library of reduction measures and decarbonization pathways for customers’ net-zero strategies
Enable product to build the best industrial carbon accounting and decarbonization software
- Lead the TÜV certification processes for GHG Protocol/ISO14001 and more
- Provide specific compliance requirements of new product features and methodologies
- Conduct internal audits of new features and overall product offering
- Collaborate with our Carbon Data Specialist (hired!) on building the best emission factor database for the industrial sector
Whom you will be working with
- Gyri (CPO), one of our founders, who is defining our product vision and leading our Product & CS Team
- Christoph, our product manager, who is building our product pipeline
- Customer Success Team
- Carbon Data Specialist
- Culture & Personal Fit with Saskia - get to know Tanso and ask all your questions
- Role Introduction with Gyri - understand your role and see who you will be working with
- Deep Dive with Gyri & Christoph - showcast your deep understanding of carbon accounting and LCA methodologies
P.S.: You're wondering why there isn't a list of concrete skill requirements in the job description? We believe it's more important that you are excited about the role and want to grow with it, instead of fulfilling some specific high-level requirements. We think there can be numerous different paths that could qualify you for this role, and we want to hear YOUR story.
However, to ensure we can communicate effectively with our customers, your language proficiency in German should be at least level C1 or higher, and to communication effectively within Tanso, your language proficiency in English should be at least level C1 or higher.