What is Teachable?
Teachable is a no-code platform for creators who want to build a more impactful business through courses, coaching, downloadable content, and community. With Teachable, creators can engage their online audiences and get paid—on their own terms. Today, tens of thousands of creators use Teachable to share their knowledge and, to date, have reached more than 46 million students around the world.
Are you ready to join a dynamic, cross-cultural team at an exciting turning point in our company’s journey? Now part of the global Hotmart Company portfolio, Teachable continues to take the creator economy by storm as a true industry leader. Together, Teachable and Hotmart are delivering market-leading products that prioritize creator control and flexibility, alongside meaningful partnership and support from our team. If you have big ideas, relish the chance to challenge convention, and deeply believe in the power of creators to shape the future, we want you on our team!
What is the role?
Teachable is seeking a strategic and result-driven Senior Manager of Product Marketing to lead the product marketing team, reporting directly to the VP Marketing. The product marketing function sits at the intersection of marketing and product teams, and brings products to market through GTM launches, customer and competitive research, positioning/messaging, pricing and packaging, and field enablement (customer success, marketing, sales, partnerships).
This role will take the lead in shaping the strategies and plans to deliver results in a product-led growth (PLG) environment. You will work tightly with the product, marketing and customer success teams to establish our market position as the obvious choice for our target customers. You will own the entire product marketing team strategy, and be responsible for growing and mentoring the team. You will partner very closely with the biz ops team to refine the market and adjacent markets in order for us to win.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the team to conduct competitive analysis, market research, and other research initiatives to inform market and product positioning
- Define and improve customer personas, product value propositions and positioning in the context of product strategy and market landscape
- Partner with the product and UX team on research in order to shape the roadmap, the product narrative and a common understanding of our customers
- Work closely with growth marketing and growth product teams to perform analysis and inform strategy on driving acquisition and conversion through all channels. Provide strategic input on experiments and testing to reach said goals.
- Contribute to a strategy to build partnership marketing and enablement in order to drive partner revenue growth
- Lead the team to successfully launch products across all product areas, driving towards retention and revenue goals
- Build strong cross functional relationship across the entire organization and be a thought leader in the creator economy space
- Create the team’s strategy, and initiate new business ideas to drive sustainable growth, including running financial impact analysis with finance, and presenting business case to senior leadership
- Be a player / coach, playing a lead role in commerce product pod to own go-to-market plans and launches, in collaboration with product lead and rest of the marketing team
- Mentor and coach reports and be a cultural steward of Teachable
- 5-7+ years of product marketing experience; 1+ years of experience as a people manager
- Prior experience in Product Led Growth SaaS businesses a huge plus
- Strong communication and analytical skills with strong ability to influence
- Proven ability to lead the team, define the strategy and own pieces of the execution
- Ability to execute on vision and deliver results (getting things done attitude)
- Excellent skills in building cross functional rapport
- Passionate about the creator economy
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often fast changing startup environment
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $150,000 - $170,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.